Just Bought - 2000 LX470 I'm Back After a 4Runner (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Maybe driving at almost 100mph had something to do with the shake
Valid, but no. Great trip across the country. Caught that photo merging into the Kansas sunset. 60-75 it shakes the worst depending on the temperature and road. Above 75, it usually settles. Big rarely do I ever drive that fast except for the cross country trip snippet.

Going to have the dealer here check the steering column Lower bushing, as it’s always felt “like the steering column was disintegrating & rattling from day one”.

Dealer changes tires twice, Road forced the latest set of Michelin’s, replaced one front axle in full (cracked boot so I wanted all new in full, OEM), new front bearings, new front and rear brakes.

The Delaware dealer didn’t have great open roads to test it on, and swore it was the fires initially. “But everything in the suspension is dead solid. Can’t find anything.” Colorado however, is wide open and perfect to test on.

Likely still something in there, and the steering column. Also, when warm, it seems to hesitate and not have full power. Last tune up was done 5.5 years ago at 155k in Washington.

Might be time again, and or a time for plugs & coil check.

090F033B-A264-476A-AAC0-EA1782F06765.png

Fresh service updates...

1. Still having vibration & shaking issues in the steering column, and it feeling loose. Lexus dealer in Denver area is replacing the column, after much investigation (forum posts helped). Almost done, took a while for parts to come in.

2. Had a leak when it rained, through the overhead console. Dealer found the seal was worn out, and water was getting in front and back. Replaced the seal and re-adjusted the sunroof.

3. A/C has been perfect, but found a leaky O-ring on a front A/C line (gotta love live videos sent from the technician by text message, as he worked). Replaced that, and recharged, said it was half full--good to go again.

4. I took the rear wiper motor out. It was disconnected when I bought it, and rattling badly. Wiper is still attached, but no motor. Could replace this, but the upper hatch has some rust and until I figure out whether to get a new hatch or not, no worries and not an inspection issue.

I'm at 199,600 miles when I dropped it off. Due for an oil change at 200,600. Last full tune up was 155k in 2015, noting the timing belt and plugs were done then. New dealer in Colorado told me a tune up isn't needed for a couple more years "we say 8 years or...xx,xxx", so they'll keep an eye on it and found nothing else wrong.

Hoping to get it back this week, and take for front windows tinted and to get the driver's seat bottom re-upholstered.

June 1st, passed Colorado emissions inspection with flying colors (had just done the same in Pennsylvania in January) and new plates are in hand, so good to go in CO:cool:

I've asked repeatedly about changing the transmission fluid, and at 199k, both my dealer in Delaware and now in Colorado said "too many miles and we're unsure, so no". Always did a drain & refill before on older GM vehicles, but no go here, yet.

0877ECD3-EA03-4D20-9469-7A9F60AFF841.jpeg

305C2EB5-9DBC-4666-BC0C-ACD260D3D1E9.jpeg

I've asked repeatedly about changing the transmission fluid, and at 199k, both my dealer in Delaware and now in Colorado said "too many miles and we're unsure, so no". Always did a drain & refill before on older GM vehicles, but no go here, yet.

View attachment 2711009

View attachment 2711011
Flagstaff in Boulder? I'm in CO Spgs if you ever want to get the truck muddy

I've been doing serial drain and refills of my trans fluid starting around 190k. Up to 205k and no issues with about 10qts swapped out now.

I've been doing serial drain and refills of my trans fluid starting around 190k. Up to 205k and no issues with about 10qts swapped out now.
That's what I've been used to. Just need to find someone to do it. Oddly, based on the long term Lexus service history, doesn't seem to have ever been touched, so both dealers "no, we don't want to touch that". Did all the other differentials, however.

That's what I've been used to. Just need to find someone to do it. Oddly, based on the long term Lexus service history, doesn't seem to have ever been touched, so both dealers "no, we don't want to touch that". Did all the other differentials, however.
Just drain a few quarts from the drain pan, measure what you took out and add it back in through dip stick or trans fill plug.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom