Just another barn thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It’s a pimp spot

IMG_5814.jpeg

Can I ask a question? I aspire to one day have a garage with no drips on the floor. I apparently didn't do my timing cover gasket perfectly so I've got old cardboard under my 40. It would appear that you have something under each of your expertly restored vehicles. Does that mean it's not really possible to have a 40 with no drips, even after expert restorations like yours?

Note: I copied as much of your work on your mustard 78, awesome build

Can I ask a question? I aspire to one day have a garage with no drips on the floor. I apparently didn't do my timing cover gasket perfectly so I've got old cardboard under my 40. It would appear that you have something under each of your expertly restored vehicles. Does that mean it's not really possible to have a 40 with no drips, even after expert restorations like yours?

It's funny that you posted this, as it crossed my mind too. I've got drips here and there under all of my trucks. Yep. Cardboard to catch them. Drips from the Pig are coming from the TC... it's going to need new seals and likely a rebuild (and a knuckle rebuild). My bride's 80 is dripping oil (needs a new oil pan gasket) and it's dripping coolant (needs new hoses), and the 62 loses a drop or two of ATF every few days. I guess that it's possible to stop the drips, but I've never seen it happen... lol.

The Mustard 78 occasionally leaks a drop of fluid from the steering box. This was a brand new steering box that was installed. Not a big deal. The other two do not currently leak. I am sure they will all leak a little at some point so I just have them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom