July 2022 Club Run - July 21-24; Eastern Sierras! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Any of you guys pass me thurs on the way up with your A/C on I will have my tow bar with me!:cool::cool: (LOL)
I'll make sure I have my hitch ball installed for you...NOT! :flipoff2:

I've updated my original post (#1), but here's a synopsis:

Thursday, 7/21, will be a travel day with an overnight in the Bishop area, for those wish. See post #29 by oc cruiser 97 for an optional Thursday night dinner.

Some members will be meeting for breakfast (optional) Friday morning at Jack's Restaurant, 437 N. Main Street, Bishop, at 7:30 AM. Our Driver's Meeting (not optional!) will be in the parking lot for Bishop City Park, at 8:30 AM, Friday morning. The BCP parking lot is behind the Carl's Jr., across Main Street from Schatt's Bakery.

Friday & Saturday will be trails during the day, and camping overnights. Hopefully, all of our campsites will be at a high enough elevation that we won't be dealing with the sweltering heat on the valley floor!

Here's the list from this thread, so far:

DirtyRice Joe - 80 Series
Ttoner80 (Dat) - 80 Series
oc cruiser 97 (Marc) - 80 Series
gryt4r (Evan) - 4Runner
Live to Ski (David) - 100 Series
grumpyoldman (Chris V.) - FJ40
Brentbba (Brent) - 80 Series
menancyandsam - 100 Series
Bushwick51 (John) - FJCruiser
Big Wave Dave (a.k.a. "Boughie Dave") - GX460 & Wooly
Justanothermember (Brandon) - 100 Series
ki6bdb (Pablo) - 80 Series diesel RHD (yeah, the one we all covet!)

There also may be a couple more members who expressed interest in this trip, but aren't active on 'MUD. All in all, should be a great group! Judging from the list so far, I'd say this group should be able to handle trail ratings 1-4, which should be fine, as we're not planning this as a rock crawling trip. As always, we'll have trail spotting assistance available, and I encourage everyone to take it slow & get help in any sketchy spots. I'm thinking worst case is we may need to do a little rock-stacking for the IFS trucks.

For those with Ham radios, channel 146.535.

The temps on the valley floor will be in the low 100's, and we will be climbing some grades. So, if you haven't already done so, please remember to check your coolant and other fluid levels. Really looking forward to this trip!

Last edited:
As Joe mentioned above, see post 29 from Marc.😉

Thursday, 7/21, will be a travel day with an overnight in the Bishop area, for those wish. See post #29 by oc cruiser 97 for an optional Thursday night dinner.

Some members will be meeting for breakfast (optional) Friday morning at Jack's Restaurant, 437 N. Main Street, Bishop, at 7:30 AM. Our Driver's Meeting (not optional!) will be in the parking lot for Bishop City Park, at 8:30 AM, Friday morning. The BCP parking lot is behind the Carl's Jr., across Main Street from Schatt's Bakery.

Friday & Saturday will be trails during the day, and camping overnights. Hopefully, all of our campsites will be at a high enough elevation that we won't be dealing with the sweltering heat on the valley floor!

gryt4r (Evan) - 4Runner
Retro LC (Adam) - 80 Series

There also may be a couple more members who expressed interest in this trip, but aren't active on 'MUD. All in all, should be a great group! Judging from the list so far, I'd say this group should be able to handle trail ratings 1-4, which should be fine, as we're not planning this as a rock crawling trip. As always, we'll have trail spotting assistance available, and I encourage everyone to take it slow & get help in any sketchy spots. I'm thinking worst case is we may need to do a little rock-stacking for the IFS trucks.

The temps on the valley floor will be in the low 100's, and we will be climbing some grades. So, if you haven't already done so, please remember to check your coolant and other fluid levels. Really looking forward to this trip!
I'll be there too on Thursday night at "El Rancho" Motel.

Eastern Sierra trip updates .for anyone interested in group dining:
Thursday 7/21 @7pm dinning (schats closes @8pm)
Aaron Schat's Roadhouse
(760) 873-0000
Friday 7/22 @730 am
Breakfast
Jack's Restaurant
(760) 872-7971

If anyone has a different spot (s) please chime in . Both of these locations are moderately priced and good dinning options . But many other choices are available too. If your looking for a quicker breakfast option "great basin bakery" is nice, on the same street as el rancho motel. Of course several fast food options are in town as well. In fact adjacent to Bishop City Park (830 am meeting location) is Carl's Jr .

Marc
Hey Mark, on my way to Bishop. I’ll try giving you a buzz this afternoon when I’m up there to see if you will be doing any fishing on Thursday. (John, fj cruiser & recouping from knee surgery). Just in case you need it, my number is 17144880651. I’ll be staying at the El Rancho.

I plan on heading out tomorrow morning around 8 out of the Pasadena area if anyone wants to meet up somewhere (maybe mojave) and caravan the rest of the way up. Let me know!

gryt4r (Evan) - 4Runner
Retro LC (Adam) - 80 Series

Brandon will also be going with his 100 series!

Planning on leaving south OC around 9ish.

New station in Bishop withess expensive gas in Bishop discussed at meeting. Where was it/name...or app you are using for gas prices???

The Speedway at the south end of town has the cheapest fuel. Try the GasBuddy app. It works quite well. Have fun on the trip!
Love the gas buddy app. Always helps me find cheapest nearby diesel also ( you can filter by fuel, price and distance.)

The Speedway at the south end of town has the cheapest fuel. Try the GasBuddy app. It works quite well. Have fun on the trip!

$5.89 today. Gulp! Not bad...:bang::bang::bang:

Thanks to all on this trip. Thanks to Marc for the research on trails and are fearless leader Joe, that had a minimal amount of STOP wrong trail. ( Joe, I jest! ) I had a great time except my AC wasn't working properly on the way home. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: Safe travels!! PS Tanya Roberts
Great trip, hope everyone made it home safe. Thank you Joe, Mark & everyone else that attended for making it a great trip. Had a great time but my fj cruiser is acting funny. My 4wheel light stays on but I’m in 2 wheel drive. When I start to drive, it feels like my brake is on. I think that either my rear diff lock or my 4 wheel drive didn’t disengage correctly plus if I put it in 4wh & engage my rear differential the indicator light come on but blinks red. Not supposed to do that. If anyone has any ideas what’s going on please let me know before I have to bring it into the dealer. Thanks!

Great trip, hope everyone made it home safe. Thank you Joe, Mark & everyone else that attended for making it a great trip. Had a great time but my fj cruiser is acting funny. My 4wheel light stays on but I’m in 2 wheel drive. When I start to drive, it feels like my brake is on. I think that either my rear diff lock or my 4 wheel drive didn’t disengage correctly plus if I put it in 4wh & engage my rear differential the indicator light come on but blinks red. Not supposed to do that. If anyone has any ideas what’s going on please let me know before I have to bring it into the dealer. Thanks!
I’m so glad you & Sandy were able to join us on this trip!

I’m sorry to hear about your FJC issues, though. How did it drive on the way home? If your rear differential didn’t unlock properly, I would think you’d notice a difference while turning corners, maybe even hear/feel the tires chirping.

I’m not familiar with your 4WD/T-case set up. Does your T-case have a Neutral position (not the N on your transmission). Are you able to get on a soft surface (like dirt, that will allow some wheel spin)? If so, I’d try to shift through all my T-case gears (2H, N, 4H, & 4L; if you have all those choices…) and see if I could discern the engagement/disengagement of each gear.

Also, maybe try to confirm your E-brake is disengaging (maybe park on a slight incline in Neutral and see if you begin to roll).

Hope you’re able to resolve this quickly & easily. Keep us posted.

I’m so glad you & Sandy were able to join us on this trip!

I’m sorry to hear about your FJC issues, though. How did it drive on the way home? If your rear differential didn’t unlock properly, I would think you’d notice a difference while turning corners, maybe even hear/feel the tires chirping.

I’m not familiar with your 4WD/T-case set up. Does your T-case have a Neutral position (not the N on your transmission). Are you able to get on a soft surface (like dirt, that will allow some wheel spin)? If so, I’d try to shift through all my T-case gears (2H, N, 4H, & 4L; if you have all those choices…) and see if I could discern the engagement/disengagement of each gear.

Also, maybe try to confirm your E-brake is disengaging (maybe park on a slight incline in Neutral and see if you begin to roll).

Hope you’re able to resolve this quickly & easily. Keep us posted.
Thanks for the info. I’ll give all of those things a try. Drove great on the way home & was in 2 wheel drive. The t case just has a push button on off switch with a light on the dash that tells you it’s on. I’ll do some troubleshooting in the morning & see what I can come up with. I’ll keep you posted. Thanks & see you soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom