July 2022 Club Run - July 21-24; Eastern Sierras! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Thursday, 7/21, will be a travel day with an overnight in the Bishop area, for those wish. Some members will be meeting for breakfast (optional) at Jack's Restaurant, 437 N. Main Street, Bishop, at 7:30 AM. Our Driver's Meeting (not optional!) will be in the parking lot for Bishop City Park, at 8:30 AM. The BCP parking lot is behind the Carl's Jr., across from Schatt's Bakery.

Friday & Saturday will be trails during the day, and camping overnights. I still haven't firmed up the itinerary, but I've done a lot of research, and there are many trails in the area for us to choose from. Our final trail selections will depend on rig/driver capability of those who attend. As always, our goal is a fun and exciting time, without beating up our trucks unnecessarily! Will we head west from Bishop? Or, north towards Mammoth & Lee Vining? Somewhere else? Come to the run and find out. Wherever we go, it will be fun!

Club VP Marc Mason is heading up early to get in a few days of Eastern Sierra fishing, and he's invited anyone else who's interested to join him. Marc will be staying at the El Rancho Motel, in Bishop, though there are many other lodging opportunities in Bishop, as well.

I'll let Marc handle posting any details for Thursday dinner, if you're so inclined.

Sunday, 7/24, will be a travel day home. This should be a very fun trip, so if you'd like to attend, please be sure to block these days out on your calendar!

Last edited:
I'll be there! I plan on heading out Thursday morning from the Pasadena area if anyone wants to meet up somewhere along the way and caravan up.

Thursday, 7/21, will be a travel day with an overnight in the Bishop area. Friday & Saturday will be trails during the day, and camping overnights. I haven't firmed up the itinerary, but I've done a lot of research, and there are many trails in the area for us to choose from. Our final trail selections will depend on rig/driver capability of those who attend. As always, our goal is a fun and exciting time, without beating up our trucks unnecessarily! Will we head west from Bishop? Or, north towards Mammoth & Lee Vining? Somewhere else? Come to the run and find out. Wherever we go, it will be fun!

Club VP Marc Mason is heading up early to get in a few days of Eastern Sierra fishing, and he's invited anyone else who's interested to join him. Marc will be staying at the El Rancho Motel, in Bishop, though there are many other lodging opportunities in Bishop, as well.

As we get closer, we'll firm up a meeting times and locations for Thursday dinner, Friday rendezvous, and Friday pre-run breakfast; if you're so inclined.

Sunday, 7/24, will be a travel day home. This should be a very fun trip, so if you'd like to attend, please be sure to block these days out on your calendar!

Just received all my parts for disk brake conversion but I'm delaying install until after this trip. Cant resist a trip up 395 with you old crazy wheeling friends! Marc, I'll be at El Rancho thurs afternoon. Happy and safe 4th to all.

Last edited:
Just received all my parts for disk brake conversion but I'm delaying install until after this trip. Cant resist a trip up 395 with you old crazy wheeling friends! Marc, I'll be at El Rancho thurs afternoon. Happy and safe 4th to all.
Yeah! We'll give you a 3 hour head start so we all arrive together!😁

Officially in. Golf course is closed for a big member guest tournament Thursday thru Saturday.

Do we have a rough idea yet on which trails? Was doing some research and looks like some nice trails up there: Coyote Flats via Coyote Valley Road, Silver Canyon Road, Glass Flow and Obsidian Dome, hot springs near Crowley Lake, Crowley Lake Trail (East), Laurel Lakes Road, etc. Hoping to be able to join you all and get time off from work to do this trip, but it's looking like I won't know until closer to departure date.

I can’t make the meeting this Sunday but I will be attending this run. I will be heading up on Wednesday and Mark, I am staying at the El Ranchito. If you are doing any fishing on Thursday I would love to join you. Looking forward to this one.
Yes I'm fishing Wed & Thursday. Welcome to join me Thursday am. Contact me directly 714-350-0914, text or vm. On Wed afternoon or sooner? Not sure who you are?🤔

Do we have a rough idea yet on which trails? Was doing some research and looks like some nice trails up there: Coyote Flats via Coyote Valley Road, Silver Canyon Road, Glass Flow and Obsidian Dome, hot springs near Crowley Lake, Crowley Lake Trail (East), Laurel Lakes Road, etc. Hoping to be able to join you all and get time off from work to do this trip, but it's looking like I won't know until closer to departure date.
We have been discussing several trail options. Coyote flats is one , And a couple of other ideas are in consideration .

Marc

Yes I'm fishing Wed & Thursday. Welcome to join me Thursday am. Contact me directly 714-350-0914, text or vm. On Wed afternoon or sooner? Not sure who you are?🤔
Hey Mark, it’s John( FJ cruiser, & recouping from knee surgery) remember me? I will be in Bishop at the El Rancho on Wednesday afternoon. I’ll give you a call then to see what you are up to for Thursday.

Joe, do you plan on camping every night down as low as Bishop? Gonna' be kind of warm down there. I can't tell from the thread.

Hey Mark, it’s John( FJ cruiser, & recouping from knee surgery) remember me? I will be in Bishop at the El Rancho on Wednesday afternoon. I’ll give you a call then to see what you are up to for Thursday.
Okay John,

We have been discussing several trail options. Coyote flats is one , And a couple of other ideas are in consideration .

Marc
Okay everyone, after our club meeting Sunday afternoon. We have a tentative itinerary as follows.
1st leg of the trip friday7/21 is (off US route 6) just north of Bishop, silver canyon up to the top intersection of white mountain trail heading south.
2nd leg is mazourka Canyon Trail (mazourka mountain). Specific details regarding the trip will be discussed at dinner 7pm Thursday night .
This schedule is subject to change of course, in the unfortunate event of any fire conditions or Forest closures that may occur between now and the trip event . Thursday 7/21 dinner@7pm & Friday 7/22 breakfast @730am locations will be Published early next week for those wanting to join in group dining . Several drivers are staying @ El rancho motel 7/21 Thursday , myself included.
Friday 7/22 @ 830am group (driver's) meeting location is .
Bishop City Park
(760) 872-4240
Bishop City Park · 688 N Main St, Bishop, CA 93514 - https://maps.app.goo.gl/na1Cz7tJ4Mx6DFqNA.

Looking forward to eastern Sierra adventure!

Marc

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom