JT Differentials (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does anyone have experience with JT "justdifferentials" ? Online their product seem good but I haven't seen anyone post any reviews.

#2: Right now I run 31" and in the future may get 33" is there any reason to change the original ration in my 1975 40?

Thanks,

Adam

Does anyone have experience with JT "justdifferentials" ? Online their product seem good but I haven't seen anyone post any reviews.

I have purchased gear sets, bearings and bearing kits, solid pinion spacers and other little differential pieces and will use them again.

Right now I run 31" and in the future may get 33" is there any reason to change the original ration in my 1975 40?

With that little of a change in tire diameter, I would not concern myself with a gear ratio change at the ring and pinion.

If the truck is primarily a street vehicle with a stock transmission and transfer case and not used very aggressively off road, I would not even re-gear my truck if I went to 34 or 35 inch tall tires. You have a four speed transmission, (or should have, as that is what Toyota installed before it floated over here) and even with the rather mediocre 3.5:1 first gear in the H42 USA four-speed transmissions, it is still low enough on the street and for trail use that you will not be required to slip the clutch in order to get moving, as would be very likely if you had a three-speed Land Cruiser transmission.

:beer:

I run 33 inch tire with the stock gears and drive my fj40 as a daily driver and it does fine for me.

I have also bought gear sets from them and would use them again. Great service and advice.

Great, thanks for your help. I will order them on Monday and get my rig back on the road. As always your help is much appreciated!

Adam

They did both E-lockers for my son's 85 Toy truck. Good turn time. Working good.

I have 33's and 4.10. Works good for me, but I have Chev V-8 and auto.

no need to re-gear in your rig, with your usage..don't waste your $$ and time.

I was pretty ignorant in ring and pinion ratios, so thanks for everyone's help. I will keep the stock ratios and hopefully be back on the road again soon.

Thanks

I've also done business w/JT Differentials.
really glad they offered crush-sleeve eliminators/pinion bearing-spacers for LC 3rds :)

Adam,
if your not going to go taller then 33"s, you will be fine with your stock 4.10 gears.

hth,
manny

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom