Joshua Tree any one??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Overlandeffex

SILVER Star
Threads
So I was planning on going to Turf and Surf until the Duramax became a Duraturd. So I don't have the money for that trip now but a closer trip to J Tree sounds good. We were thinking of leaving Friday November 10th and coming home Sunday November 12. Figure camp where ever was good and leave it pretty open. Full on KISS style. Anyone up to come out that is NOT going to Turf and Surf???

So I was planning on going to Turf and Surf until the Duramax became a Duraturd. So I don't have the money for that trip now but a closer trip to J Tree sounds good. We were thinking of leaving Friday November 10th and coming home Sunday November 12. Figure camp where ever was good and leave it pretty open. Full on KISS style. Anyone up to come out that is NOT going to Turf and Surf???
Sounds interesting any further details or is it a wing-it deal?

At the moment no major planning details, depends how many jump in on if we need more planning. I was thinking of camping on BLM land so we have a zero cost for lodging and then maybe venture out from there. I'm not super knowledgeable on the trails out there but can pick some brains of the oh so wise one, @chap79... But just wheeling and having fun is our plan.

At the moment no major planning details, depends how many jump in on if we need more planning. I was thinking of camping on BLM land so we have a zero cost for lodging and then maybe venture out from there. I'm not super knowledgeable on the trails out there but can pick some brains of the oh so wise one, @chap79... But just wheeling and having fun is our plan.
Sounds like fun, I want to use my new rear locker to see if it really helps

I might be interested in going since I have to drive to Bridgeport on the 13th.

There's a lot of trails out in the BLM area to explore. The difficulty is easy/moderate with a few steep/narrow trails. Lots of large shale rock roads and a few rock gardens depending on where you go. There's at least a hundred old mines out there to see varying widely in stages od decay. Just bare in mind that not all of the mines are abandoned, some are still active. I personally love the desert scenery and the Old Dale area offers some of the best night sky viewing I've encountered in SoCal.

Because of the remoteness of the area and multiple night stay I always recommend fully packing up when exploring during the day. You don't want someone else to happen along and find a bunch of great free gear. Depending on the time of arrival/departure Both Berdoo and Pinkham Canyon Roads offer entrance/exit on the south side of the park. The NE side can be accessed via Gold Crown/Old Dale Rd off Hwy 62 approx. 15 miles east of 29Palms. All the main roads are visible via Google Maps for planning purposes. There is no cell coverage in the area so either a real GPS is needed, pre-save your map data, or obtain copies from NatGeo.

Well Shoot if Harley's going i'm in. His guided tours of that area are well worth the trip....lol
Also to those going there are sketchy open mine shafts so kids and dogs need to be looked after extra close.
Great place to shoot too!

I like the idea of camp moving each day! Well looks like we maybe up to four going now...:beer::beer::beer::beer:

That sounds awesome. I'm going to a concert with my wife that Saturday night, or I would join you guys. That eastern part of J Tree and Old Dale Road is awesome, and is one of only 12 areas in the continental US (I believe) certified as Dark Sky Amazing or something like that. In other words, if there is no moon and you look up long enough you can see into forever. It's a really special place, one of my favorites. Sorry I'll miss it.

Because of the remoteness of the area and multiple night stay I always recommend fully packing up when exploring during the day. You don't want someone else to happen along and find a bunch of great free gear.

Or you can just set up camp off road :)
56332ACC-29E1-4808-A089-C3327418D6CC.jpeg

Me? Camp near people? :rofl:

I’m as trusting as a one armed alligator farmer.

So we are just about 5 days out from the trip. So lets lock it up a bit. Thinking we can meet/ set camp #1 off the I-10 in the BLM land then from that point lean on our resident expert to set our path and choose camp #2 and make it out to the 29 palms area about 1 to 2 ish. Please weigh in on desires and wants from those coming. I see no reason we can't do any pew pew Dragos80.

About what time Friday for meet up? I'll be coming up thru Mecca/Box canyon

Can't make it either. Family man. My second choice for that weekend got canceled too.

I heard watching tv is not all that bad, or trolling on forums, or whatever... staying home.

I’m fairly open to meeting wherever to Camp for Friday night. Here’s a suggestion.

34°01'52.4"N 115°44'36.8"W

FECA9DC9-09E2-4F02-9A81-5187AB233E9C.png

Sounds like it will be an all over the place weekend. No straight lines and see a lot of the J Tree area. Talked with Harley about it last night and he is going to take the route planning lead since he is the man on the area. He is going to talk to members tonight at the meeting since I'm at work like normal.:censor::censor:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom