Joshua Tree any one??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The north side has quicker access for most since you don’t have to drive through JT NP at 35 mph.

To get to the location I post above coming from the Cottonwood entrance you would continue up and turn right on to Old Dale Mine Rd. The road runs for about 15 miles of dirt before entering BLM. Then just continue north on Old Dale/Gold Crown to the marked location. I’m really down to go either route. We can discuss more tonight and come up with a plan. It really depends on what time we are departing on Friday.

We will be meeting at Butterfield Stage Rd and the 79 South and driving to Berdoo Canyon Rd. Follow Berdoo Canyon to Geology Tour. (Lunch-ish) East on Park Blvd to Old Dale Mine. North on Old Dale Mine to explore and find some place we deem worthy of our first night camp. Saturday explore. Sunday whatever and drive back for those that need to. I'll be leaving Monday to continue my trip north.

Friday Trip.jpeg

Here's some mine info for those wanting to know some history of the area. I'm not going to list out every mine as I'm sure you know how to navigate a website.

Sunset Mine
Brooklyn Mine
Dalton Mine and the Frank Hill Mine
Helly & Cross Mine aka. Helicross Mine
Meek Mine & Arrastra
Gold Crown Mine
Golden Egg Mine
Iron Age Mine
O.K. Mine
Ivanhoe Mine
Virginia Dale Mine

Reactions: KTP
A slight monkey wrench for us. We have to go to Turners in Temecula to do some transfer stuff at 0900. We should be done around 1000. We will try catching up to you all on the road.

I’m supper flexible and can adjust if needed.

2m

Agreed on comms

Ralph, you could meet up with the Bauers at Turners and then drive up to meet Kristian and I off the 79 south as planned. 1030-1100ish.

Aztek Tacos, east side of Butterfield, south side of 79S.
43810 Butterfield Stage Rd, Temecula, CA 92592

I'm hoping to be done with my Turners thing by 10. Tacos.... yummy

if everyone could please bring a few pieces of firewood it would be great.

Copy... fire wood!

So here are some pictures from the trip. We had a BLAST! Thanks @chap79 for the awesome guiding around the park!!

ASCBhbk.jpg

wsSjoN7.jpg

1mLNGxx.jpg

1SwJ3Vm.jpg

CtaCDL4.jpg

B8mU7SF.jpg

ymHsDDZ.jpg

GoMHYqb.jpg

vY05QND.jpg

Last edited:
27F19BAD-62D4-4A1A-9A21-0D9AF567C986.jpeg
AFAAD1F9-56CC-4955-8E5B-65651937BF5D.jpeg
D8036E59-1AF1-458A-8D8B-4914F76F478B.jpeg

It was a really good time, we clocked over 120 miles of dirt trails. There really are a lot of great trails out there to run in varying difficulty. Hopefully everyone came away with a little more confidence in themselves and their rigs.

Awesome pics! I'm looking forward to exploring these areas and meeting some new cruiser heads.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom