Joining the ranks... probably (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello, I'm looking to join the community, but I want to see if I'm doing this right.

Planning on buying the '09 LX570 with 308k miles on it (Link). Got a ppi happening today and probably reserving as soon as I get the news.

I have some high mileage in the stable, but this would definitely be the highest starting point. Been lurking for a few days, and I figure I should do all the fluids and probably replace the globe accumulators once I've gotten it. So I've got really just a couple questions:
1. Considering my original budget was $10k, this is really stretching for me. Is this worth it, or should I hold off till I've got the money to get a lower mileage example?
2. Does this seem like a good deal?
3. Keeping the stock rims, if I get 285/60/20, do I need any mods other than the 1"spacer (i.e. fender trimming)? I want bigger tires, but I also don't want to be cutting if I can avoid it.

Currently in Austin, but it looks like there are quite a few that would work.
Just so you know, 2nd gen sequoias have IRS.. certainly not knocking them.. just making sure that’s clear..

Man i am surprised that the LX had that many issues. Definitely had a rough life. we see near 300k 100 series that are on original transmissions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom