John Cadogan (Aussie YouTuber) 300 Series Review (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

prwillard2

SILVER Star
Threads
I watch a lot of the videos from this guy, especially his towing guides. He's not a fan of the 300 series, saying Toyota didn't really do much to update the platform.

another idiot!

As someone who has been driving LCs for almost 35 years, gotta say, he’s not wrong. But he’s not right either. If we were trying to make sensical decisions, most of those buying a new 200 or 300 would be better off with a Highlander / Kluger.

No they haven’t.
How would you know this? Are you in the industry? Did you attend any of the recent Toyota global press junkets? Do you understand how launches and embargoes work?

Not saying the guy in the video attended any of them. But this is how it works now. And if you have enough followers on YouTube you get invited to the Launch meetings and get a chance to drive each of the vehicles, including offroad. Including for the 300.

knowing what i know, i would expect that most of the vehicles we have seen being loaded on trailers or parked in lots were press fleet vehicles.

Last edited:
How would you know this? Are you in the industry? Did you attend any of the recent Toyota global press junkets? Do you understand how launches and embargoes work?

Not saying the guy in the video attended any of them. But this is how it works now. And if you have enough followers on YouTube you get invited to the Launch meetings and get a chance to drive each of the vehicles, including offroad. Including for the 300.

knowing what i know, i would expect that most of the vehicles we have seen being loaded on trailers or parked in lots were press fleet vehicles.
Ha ha, it’s not on him to prove a negative, (one can’t do that anyway). However, you stated that “plenty” of these YouTube buffoons have had first hand drive time with the new truck, I’m skeptical, post up some proof.

These types of reviewers are nothing but hollow substance honed specifically to gain traffic. It’s usually evident within the first few seconds.

Ha ha, it’s not on him to prove a negative, (one can’t do that anyway). However, you stated that “plenty” of these YouTube buffoons have had first hand drive time with the new truck, I’m skeptical, post up some proof.
Wait for the embargo to end and you’ll see videos everywhere. Just like every other new car.

Unpopular opinion here, particularly since I just happen to own a Toyota but am not a diehard toyota fanboi like most pople on this site....

Amyway, I feel as though if you cut through all of the bombast and fluff, Cadogan does make some excellent points in there. The excellent points I noted being as follows:

1. The 300 appears to be an improvement on some aspects of the 200, but let's be honest, it isn't exactly a stunning change or something revolutionary. It is evolutionary, but toyota lovers are going to lap up every little bit of marketing thinking the 300 is mana from the gods.

2. I am with cadogan that Toyota can sell it however they like, but there is NO WAY a hot vee/new engine is going to be more bushproof and reliable. Hell, we all know that every new engine that comes into toyota becomes more complicated, less fixable without fancy software, and therefore less reliable in the middle of nowhere.

3. I PERSONALLY would never drop that kind of money on the first year or two of a new model.. That is looking to find yourself with expensive problems, which will take time for the dealer to figure out to fix even on warranty...

So, will the 300 be good? I am sure it will be. Will it be the best thing ever and some sort of gamechanger in the 4x4 / SUV game, it probably won't be. Will it sell like hot cakes? It probably will. Will I ever be able to afford one? Probaby not for another 25 years lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom