Jemez FR 10 drive this Friday July 30 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just wanted to let everyone know that Stephen and I will be taking a little scenic run up FR 10 Friday am. He is meeting me at my place at 730 am in Corrales. There's an archeological site about halfway up that I want to check out. We'll also take a road near the top that swings around to maybe check out Jemez Falls. I've only been up once so not super familiar with some of the side roads but did go to the top Cerro Pelado. If anyone would like to join us let me know. We could change our meetup to San Ysidro.

I'll check with the Ranger station Thursday on road conditions. With all the rain we've had recently maybe it's washed out in spots.
I drove it through its whole length on Sunday.
Its been graded and graveled the whole way through.
Probably the best road in the Jemez right now as far as conditions go.

Dont know what my plans are, but I might join you, theres a side road or two up there I want to check out.

Last edited:
If you'd be willing to drive from north to south, I'd meet you at the intersection of FR10 and SR4 around 9.
I'll be coming from Los Alamos, and that'll let me do a good loop with 376 on the way back.
I'd be more than happy to show you a few nice side roads as well.

If you'd be willing to drive from north to south, I'd meet you at the intersection of FR10 and SR4 around 9.
I'll be coming from Los Alamos, and that'll let me do a good loop with 376 on the way back.
That sounds good. Stephen had to back out today so right now looks like it'll be just Susan and I.

So we are going to just drive up to check out the archaeological site. Its right off 10 about half way up. Thank you for offering to meet us. If you still come down maybe we'll run into each other.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom