Jackass 55 Chronicles (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Scraped the old seam sealer out of the gutters and re-sealed with SEM 29382 Beige. One tube was more than enough, bought two just in case. I still need to paint it. Shopping for touch-up paint that I can brush on.

Freeborn Red/Olympus White is what I think are the right colors, depending on what site you look at, some have cygnus white, others Arctic White. Olympus White seems harder to find, and looks too white (on my monitor) I'll probably order a couple 2-oz touch-up bottles and brush it on in the gutters. Not sure why I'm so concerned as I'm pretty sure this thing has been re-sprayed in a few places and is different shades of red and white (and rust)

A few before pics.

IMG_20210912_152514197_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210912_152509905_HDR.jpg

It didn't take long to scrape that out, maybe 30 min. I used a screw driver, wire brush and blew it out with compressed air, then ran around it with a wire-wheel on an angle grinder.

IMG_20210912_155009729.jpg

Painted it with some POR15.

IMG_20210913_173532500.jpg
IMG_20210913_173507482_HDR.jpg

Looking good.
I need to stop by and check it out. I was in your neighborhood yesterday.

Anytime. You still working on that new hospital?

No good 'after' photos of the sealer, just ordered up some 2-oz bottles of freeborn red, arctic white and cygnus white. Olympus white is not available from the site where I ordered.

Anytime. You still working on that new hospital?

No good 'after' photos of the sealer, just ordered up some 2-oz bottles of freeborn red, arctic white and cygnus white. Olympus white is not available from the site where I ordered.
Where did you order paint from?

Been dicking around with a 3d printer a bit. Managed to get a decent buckle cover made. Not great, but better than broken/missing...
IMG_20211111_114746986.jpg

Old one installed:
IMG_20211111_115057521.jpg

New one:

IMG_20211111_115013245.jpg

Last edited:
Holy Mack daddy. Think you’ll make a run of those

Corresponded with Calvin, aka Doublenickels, he gave me the company he used for the vent covers. I can get 16 made (4 sets) to cover their minimum order requirements.

I'd need to sell them at about $50 a set (of 4) shipped I think to cover costs. Maybe less depending on actual shipping.

So are there 4 takers? W.D.E. and who else?

I believe I have a good set of factory vents I'll give you, let me know and I'll track them down.
I think we are on to seatbelt covers...

Corresponded with Calvin, aka Doublenickels, he gave me the company he used for the vent covers. I can get 16 made (4 sets) to cover their minimum order requirements.

I'd need to sell them at about $50 a set (of 4) shipped I think to cover costs. Maybe less depending on actual shipping.

I'm in for a set. Do you have a good example to replicate? Not sure what you're starting with.

I believe I have a good set of factory vents I'll give you, let me know and I'll track them down.
Quarter vents - outer? I do believe Calvin @DoubleNickels is waiting patiently for a set. Send 'em if you got 'em!

I'll take 2 sets of 4 if youre still thinking about it...thanks

Owyhee Jackass,
I had lost track of this thread, and Double Nickels was kind enough to send me this thread.... Any thoughts on pursuing getting sets of seat belt caps made for a production run... ?? If so, I'm in for 2 sets...
Cheers
Rick

They're not really "production" ready and not high enough quality that I'd feel comfortable taking money for them.

I've given stuff away on this forum for the cost of shipping, just to have the recipient bitch about what they received, then ended up covering the shipping cost... :rolleyes: .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom