I’ve searched, I’ve read, I’ve confused myself… Suspension recommendations please (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I mean we are here to help if you need it, you only have to ask. I keep hearing those BetterHelp commercials on podcasts and the like, we can take up a collection and hook you guys up. 😜

Now why would you want to take away @Boston Mangler's primary forum contribution??? 😂
He really does hold this community together. lol

PS - I am enjoying this community involvement here. Banter is great and feedback is awesome.

Banter is a lost art and I’m glad I’m not the only one that enjoys it. 👍🏼

@Boston Mangler How have you not got the ban hammer yet?!? Your signature clearly suggests that you are here without the appropriate membership card 😏.. I mean a Ram owner trolling in a 200 series forum, oh the humanity!

Likely due to my stunning good looks and sparkling personality.

I was Mr January when they used to do the “Men of Mud” Calendars back in the day

They had me shirtless in between my 2 FJ40s

Last edited:
Consider the Dobinsons IMS. Way cheaper than the MRR and great bang for your buck.

Firmed up my ride and made it much more enjoyable off-road. No regrets

I've found I never adjust suspension. On the coilovers on my Porsche, I set the ride height where I want it, get it corner balanced, then tune in the compression/rebound where I want it, then never touch it again.

Same thing on the trucks. I set the ride height where I want it, then never touch it again. The bilsteins are set up the way I like out of the box, so I don't need adjustable compression/rebound. For any of the wheeling I do here, fire roads, street driving, Alpine Loop, Moab, they do fine as is.

Just depends on what you're going to do and how you're going to use them.

I've found I never adjust suspension. On the coilovers on my Porsche, I set the ride height where I want it, get it corner balanced, then tune in the compression/rebound where I want it, then never touch it again.

Same thing on the trucks. I set the ride height where I want it, then never touch it again. The bilsteins are set up the way I like out of the box, so I don't need adjustable compression/rebound. For any of the wheeling I do here, fire roads, street driving, Alpine Loop, Moab, they do fine as is.

Just depends on what you're going to do and how you're going to use them.

It's also a double edged sword for someone that has no interest, experience, or help to dial in. Then it hopelessly never reaches its potential. Or worse leaving one with a poorly tuned setup. Many more ways to get it wrong than right.

@AnyMal Missed responding to why SPCs or UCA change…. With the 275/70s and Heritage rims I’m rubbing the stock UCAs at full lock. Hoping other UCAs will clear this up so I can avoid spacers and allow me to get to 295/70s.

Def with you, i just meant SPCs specifically.
Look into some more robust options. Big fan of the ironman UCA personally.

@AnyMal Saw Tinkerer’s Adventure video talking about Ironman UCAs and they are VERY interesting vs SPCs. Dobinsons billet option might be the most interesting of them all, but they are not available yet. I’m going to dig into the Ironman’s a bit more, have a little bit of time. Talked with ACC here in ATL about suspension swap out in late June, so have more time to waffle.

Dobinsons are a great option, they've shown to be reliable and are a popular option in AU. The MRR seem to be the best options if you aren't interested in heim joints or poly bushings, but still want to be able to fiddle some dials. I do prefer the rear shock shaft up on the bilsteins with the piggyback res, but the Dobinsons with some guards and gators is probably plenty to prevent damage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom