I've obviously been away too long . . . (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi,

I was a member of the AzLCA before Uncle Sam recruited me down to southeast Georgia five years ago, however Arizona is still home to me.

Until I got on I8MUD a couple months ago, I didn't even know the Copper State Cruisers existed. So, what happened to the AzLCA? They've got a number of different presidents and contacts listed, depending on where you look, but I don't see them listed as an active TLCA chapter anymore in Toyota Trails.

The last I remember there were some signs of political unrest amongst the troops in that club for a variety of reasons, but I see some familiar and friendly names here in the CSC thread (hey, Cliff). If it's not too touchy of a subject, I'd be curious as to what happened.

Anyway, I would be very interested in joining CSC, even as a 2200 mile away member (if your by-laws permit that), just so I can keep in touch with 'Cruiser happenings in AZ and to hook up with you guys on my frequent visits back home.

Steve Bolander

Hey Steve, I don't know anything about AZLCA so I can't fill you in there.
Check out Copperstatecruisers.org We are a pretty new group and most of the members are in the Phoenix area. There are at least 2 of us here in Tucson, me and Scott. So far I have only met Scott(woodsfj40) and Branden(BMAN). There are some good people in this club so far and pretty soon we will be rolling. I don't believe there would be a problem with you joining. So check out the website and here often. And came back to AZ! Later :cheers:

Thanks, Alvin. I'll do just that. My nearest TLCA chapter is up in Atlanta (5 1/2 hours away), so I just as soon be a part of a group in an area that I'm already familiar with. (I guess you can say I live in the far East Valley.)

It sounds like you guys are taking an optimistic approach to putting this all together. That does my heart good so see that happening.

Looking forward to meeting y'all.

Steve

hey steve as far as i know azlca is still together, but as you said, much unrest in the ranks for various reasons. alot of us who got the ball rolling for CSC did so because we were not happy with other offerings. take that as you will.
our prez is branden AKA BMAN on this forum.

welcome !!

Hey Steve! Good to hear from you again. Yes there seems to be a few exiles and refugees from AzLCA popping in here from time to time. But this bunch has nothing to do with them at all. I can't give you much info on what goes on there as I haven't been associated for several years. I do get email for runs once in awhile. I'm not sure but I don't think their TLCA chapter status is current. I think you would like this group from what I've seen and who I've met so far. No politics, no BS, just Cruisers and Toy 4x4's. The way it should be. Although I feel in the minority running an FJ40, It seems like there are more wagons 3 to 1. :D

Welcome Steve! You are absolutely welcome to join. You can find a membership application HERE> https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&...DUtZGRjNTc0NmI2ZWUw&hl=en_US&authkey=CM6DtI8F

This club was started as the alternative to the AZLCA for those who don't like all the political BS. We are a barely organized group who have a common bond. The club is open to ALL Toyota 4x4 owners. We do not currently have TLCA charter status and aren't really planning on applying until this club has got some time and real structure behind it. Please let us know here when you plan to be back in AZ for good or even just to visit. We can plan some wheeling for ya if we know you'll be around.

Last edited by a moderator:
Branden - thank you for the great welcome and invitation to join the CSC. I feel like I'm among good friends already. Now I'm really missing home.

Before I had left AZ, I was hoping that someone would eventually start up an alternative Cruiser/Toyota truck club . . . . minus the politics, the egos and the absence of fun. Glad to hear that a decent bunch of folks like you guys took the bull by the horns and got something going. I have no doubt that it's going to be a success.

I'm going to go sign up as an official member and let me know what I can do to help, even if it is from afar.

And, you bet I'll look you up when I get back to town!

Steve

Hey, medtro

Jackson, I tried sending you a reply to your PM, but your incoming message box is full.

-Steve

Dang, you guys make me miss AZ even more than usual (which is a lot)!

Hey, Cliff, hey Steve, good to see old names out there!

Landcruisersteve said:
Exiled-

Reveal yourself. Who is the man behind that mask?

Yeah! What he said. :confused:

HOLY CRAP! You're in Brunswick?!?! I'm moving back home (Nahunta/Patterson area.. yep, I'm a Brantley County boy) in March... although I've only lived in AZ 2 years, I love it and consider it home, as well. We'll have to get together when I get out there! I lived in Nahunta & Waycross, when I was there, but I used to spend just about every weekend in Brunswick. It'd be nice to have someone help me get some mud on this old 60!

Hey TremorX,

Brantley County?? Holy Moly!! Now the CSCC will have two southeast GA members. Drop me a PM so we can hook up.

BMAN - if I lure any more Arizonans down here, you're going to have to schedule a club run in this neck of the woods. We're only a couple miles from I-10. :D

BMAN - if I lure any more Arizonans down here, you're going to have to schedule a club run in this neck of the woods. We're only a couple miles from I-10.

Got any Sonic Drive-In's there? :D

There are at least 2 of us here in Tucson, me and Scott.

Damn that stings!! I'm in Tucson (I have a 40 and an 80) and have two friends with 40s, I've even tried to arange a meeting someplace so in addition to you two there are three others at the very least that I'm friends with. I'll join something if I get free stuff like a bumper sticker!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom