Need to borrow LCA bushing press tool (hundy) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi
Does anyone in the Chandler/SE Valley area have a tool to remove and press in the front LCA bushings on a hundy?

Consists of a threaded rod, nuts, washers and most importantly the right diameter plunger and catch?

I think I need to replace my bushings due to a front end vibration I have between 70 and 75 mph that I can’t fix with wheel balancing, rotations, bearing re-torquing or anything I can think of.

I might try removing my front drive shaft as a last ditch effort before I do the nasty!

I have found that the only good way to get those out is with an air chisel, roll the lip in continually until you get about 1/3 of the bushing shell folded in, then the bushing comes out pretty easy. I made and broke an allthread tool before budging the bushing.

I had a front end clunk that I could not figure out. It ended up being the lower control arm bolt on one side had an oval shaped hole.

IMG_7354.jpeg

Definitely check all of your front end bushings and pull the front driveshaft before you dive into lca bushings, its not a fun job.

I had a front end clunk that I could not figure out. It ended up being the lower control arm bolt on one side had an oval shaped hole.

View attachment 3426485

Definitely check all of your front end bushings and pull the front driveshaft before you dive into lca bushings, its not a fun job.
Yep, going to remove the shaft first and try a drive with out. I also suspect that big bushing under the front diff.

Hmmmm, how so?
I can take them off to try but I’m not understanding how they could cause a speed dependent vibration? Respect your experience her tho!

I don't have any experience on this. Just happened to remember reading these threads before.

I don't have any experience on this. Just happened to remember reading these threads before.

Wow good memory Jackson! Thanks so much. Unfortunately it’s not that or the same thing. When the sliders were touching the foot well pan sheet metal - it was a drone. I still have a 3/8” gap.

This time at 70-75 mph, only on some roads mind you, there is a very definite front end shake or vibration. Slowing down it goes away and even accelerating can smooth it out. The bull bar is bouncing very rhythmically, antenna swaying and steering wheel is shaking. I don’t think it’s the road and even if it was, it should be absorbed.

Today I removed the front drive shaft and went for a test drive and it didn’t make a big difference. It was fun driving without the front drive tho.

I’m afraid it’s looking like those front LCA bushings need to be replaced. Steering rack is new, shocks are newish, sway bar bushings are new-enough.

I also noticed today that this last weekends trip to Flag and the fire roads around there tore an inner CV boot so I’ll be doing that while I have the front disassembled. I’m not too upset, it’s a 22 year old boot with 224k miles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom