Its a Track, not a 101 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So, 10 years after visiting the factory, I finally got myself a genuine Track trailer. A Track Tactical. Got 2 of em actually - they were on special.
They were made for the Royal Australian Air Force.
They are a 6 x 4 , fully galvinised, with tarps, over ride brakes and a park brake, 3 new tyres each, and a sealed tailgate.
The real goodness is underneeth. - more pics to come.

Matt
track 1.jpg

Very nice! I'm jealous.

How bout some more detailed pictures of the tailgate,, well the whole trailer in general.. Looks great tho..
Steve

Yeah, looks indy for sure.

Very cool looking trailer, amazing how similar and yet different it looks than the american and canadian mil trailers.

very :cool:

I'm not sure thats really that great,, why don't you just crate one of those two up and ship it here to Pennsylvania and I'll do some independent testing for you and fully evaluate the trailer.. I wont even charge you anything for my time.. Tho,, I would keep whats left of the trailer after the testing..

Looks really good,, stop holding out on the pictures..

Steve

I'm not sure thats really that great,, why don't you just crate one of those two up and ship it here to Pennsylvania and I'll do some independent testing for you and fully evaluate the trailer.. I wont even charge you anything for my time.. Tho,, I would keep whats left of the trailer after the testing..quote]

:lol::lol::lol:

This thing has got 10" of independant suspension travel, and the fancy assymetric link design steers when you hit a bump.
You know when you hit a bump, you feel the trailer pull a little on the car? A Track wont do that.
Ive towed a Track over 2000km now, and I find myself deliberatly running over bumps and off the edge of the road just to test it out.;)
Those are Koni shocks on there, as well.
Empty, she weighs 460kg, which is about 1000lb, and is rated to carry a further 500kg.
Track (Google them) used to have some video on their web site of a coil sprung Landrover towing a Track over some speed bumps at a military proving ground, and the car was out of control but the trailer tracked perfectly - but I cant find it now.

I am very happy with my Track!

Matt
track 3 (Custom).jpg
track 4 (Custom).jpg
track 5 (Custom).jpg

that is a really well thought out trailer. makes the m101s look like the 1940s technology that they are.

what are those bars on the sides and back for?

and does it have proper brakes?

damn....can I get one in the States?? prolly not.... gonna hafta look for the m101 or m416 and such....

what are those bars on the sides and back for?

and does it have proper brakes?

The tie down rails around the trailer or the brush guards off the mudguards? - which make excellent steps for when your reaching in.
The little loop/hooks are for the elastic cord on the canvas top.
Its nice that you can drop the tailgate and leave the canvas and frame in place.
As for brakes, they have hydraulic over-ride brakes, and a cable park brake.

Cheers,

Matt

i thought I saw brakes lines and a controller. surprising on something that small and light.

the "tie down rails" are a good simple innovation. I was thinking they were maybe for lifting it.

Here is the :princess: shot.
I have to say, on the dirt tracks around here, I dont drive any slower with the trailer on than off. You just dont feel it there.

Cheers

Matt
track a.jpg

Yep, that there is one sweet trailer! Pretty handy having the airlifting lugs too. The only fault I see is the landrover stud pattern.

I guess you could alwys slide some rover diffs under your 80!:D

NZ ex army trailers are leaf sprung, but they are scarce, damn landrover too...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom