ISO 1972 FJ40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
All,
I am in search of a 1972 FJ40 that my father owned when he was in highschool (early 1990's). It came from Arizona, being brought up by a family friend for resale. We live in Erie, Pa, and after swapping the engine and making some modifications, he sold it to a fellow in town around 1990/91. That man kept it for awhile and then one day it disappeared, never to be seen or heard of again. It has always been the vehicle that should have never been sold, and a few years ago, I dug up the VIN number (from that family friend). No one in the area had seen it, everyone who had scrapped them, didn't have the VIN tag. I got a few replys from Craigslist to check out "Ih9mud" and post it there, but I didn't take it seriously.
Today, while surfing the internet at work, I accidentally stumbled across a VIN search on the Ohio DMV website. I recalled my Dad's old FJ40 and thought to give it a shot. Sure enough, it popped up, being titled in Ohio in 2012, and being transferred to Indiana in 2016. So, I came to IH8MUD and searched "1972 Ohio" and found this thread: For Sale - 1972 FJ40 Ohio/U.S.A. - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/1972-fj40-ohio-u-s-a.955124/
That was it. This has to be the same land cruiser.
So. I am in search of this 1972 FJ40 VIN number FJ40130049.
Any leads or help would be greatly appreciated. I paid for a VIN search, and it is still supposedly titled in Indiana. I did message user "Patient Pending" and am eagerly awaiting a response.
No we're not going to offer the current owner 50k to buy it back, but would love to know it's whereabouts and if it's still alive and kicking!
THANK YOU!
1.jpg

1972 Cruiser Side.jpg

The unique identifier is that the entire truck is red EXCEPT for the dash! Which is still white/cream.
3.jpg

Over on the east side of Noblesville there is a really nice 40 that looks like that. Ive seen the dude driving it and he also has a trailer that he pulls it with a Tundra. I have never been able to catch him. You might put this same post on the KYTLCA page on both this site and Facebook. Luke Bogner at Specialty 4WD in North Kentucky sees many many Land Cruisers. He may be able to send you in the right direction. I'm aware of 2 red ones in the Indy area. The one above, the one that sits on the show room floor of Ed Martin (was blue up until about 2-3 years ago) might be worth a phone call to Eric, the GM at Ed Martin. I dont believe its the same one though. Good luck!

Over on the east side of Noblesville there is a really nice 40 that looks like that. Ive seen the dude driving it and he also has a trailer that he pulls it with a Tundra. I have never been able to catch him. You might put this same post on the KYTLCA page on both this site and Facebook. Luke Bogner at Specialty 4WD in North Kentucky sees many many Land Cruisers. He may be able to send you in the right direction. I'm aware of 2 red ones in the Indy area. The one above, the one that sits on the show room floor of Ed Martin (was blue up until about 2-3 years ago) might be worth a phone call to Eric, the GM at Ed Martin. I dont believe its the same one though. Good luck!
You’re a champ, and I appreciate you very much!! I’ll look into both of these!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom