iSi bike rack (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I’ve received a bunch of questions about my bike rack. So I figured I’d post up about it:

iSi Extreme duty 2-bike. This rack is tailored for my J77 which has a kaymar rear bar. I’m currently using the rack on my 100 until the 70 gets back from Valley Hybrids.

Short version, the iSi rack is designed for maximum clearance off road, it’s carbon safe, and is robust af. They require measurements when ordering based on specific vehicle requirements (pictured below). This translates to the highest level of clearance based on your specific setup. Cost is similar to current offerings in the US even after shipping.

Specs on my 100: 2” lift, 295’s, 3” frame bob w/high clearance bumper.

Unloaded: 39” rear arch to ground, 42” rack to ground, 26 1/4” rack to ground at the hitch.

Best rack I’ve used for my needs. (Thule and Kuat in the past). Highly recommend.

087EDAA4-E0B3-43AE-89A0-32D3E19E4F12.jpeg

A558F1BD-628A-42F6-999E-63FB6D222228.png

0A0F9B7B-3395-44AC-A0F2-50D37048D0B8.jpeg

C4CAFF08-DBCF-4E71-AD16-6CFB255612D8.jpeg

the truck it’s tailored for:

C746DEA3-F9CA-4A04-BBAA-48CD329A68DB.jpeg

Now if they'd only build something for a 5 bike family!

I cant wait to get mine. How do you guys secure the bike hitch and bikes from theft ? any tips?

I cant wait to get mine. How do you guys secure the bike hitch and bikes from theft ? any tips?
iSi's anti-rattle system uses a big 8.8 bolt with 24mm head and nylock nut. I drilled a hole through the end of the bolt to put a master lock, thereby securing the modular pivot base to the hitch. Then I use a 10-ft long cable lock that goes through the bikes, the rack, and the hitch, thereby securing the bikes to the rack to the hitch. Seasoned thieves would need a good set of bolt cutters and a 24mm wrench or 24mm socket with ratchet to steal everything. Best practice regardless of bike rack brand is to bring the bikes inside at night, which is when most bikes are stolen. I take that a step further and just detach the the rack from the pivot base and bring it inside, too. The modular design allows you to leave the pivot base attached to the hitch, and detaching/reattaching the rack to the pivot base takes <1 minute by pulling/inserting 2 pins.

Great movie. When is the next episode screening. Another 5 mins please. :grinpimp:

On a more serious note -- Where's the best place/site to buy the ISI racks at this side of the great puddle, they look good.

Great movie. When is the next episode screening. Another 5 mins please. :grinpimp:

On a more serious note -- Where's the best place/site to buy the ISI racks at this side of the great puddle, they look good.
iSi headquarters in Victoria, Australia is the only place to buy them. Shipping across oceans was pretty cheap, though.

I bought mine at the exact right time. iSi had a specific link for US customers. It gone now. I’m assuming because of Australia’s travel restrictions. A lot of companies who tailor to touring type products are on long back orders because no one can leave the country/state so “stay-cations” are the norm.

I’m speculating this based on conversations had while trying to buy an Opus camp trailer. Can’t even get a deposit down. First come first serve.

send an email to scott@isi-carriers.com to inquire on us delivery.

Would there be any issues putting the ISI bike rack on a oem hitch below the OEM bumper? WOnder if there would be any clearance issues or anything before I order

Isn't ISI George Couyant's (the guy that ran the old 80scool mailing list) company?

Would there be any issues putting the ISI bike rack on a oem hitch below the OEM bumper? WOnder if there would be any clearance issues or anything before I order
Nope, no problem at all. Just tell them you have a spare underneath and they’ll send you the short hitch for the rack.

No problem at all. You get a consult when ordering new, rack will be set up specifically for you application.

Yea I went on their site and was asking all kinds of questions so sound like a super customer build

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom