Is this Australia's oldest unrestored Landcruiser (FJ25) ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi folks,

I just joined this forum as I though you'd be interested in seeing our FJ25. Although there is nothing stamped on the compliance plate, we understand it to be a 1956 model, and one of the first 400 landcruisers imported into Australia by Theiss and Co. It has served as a farm vehicle for around the 40 years that we have owned it, and still runs on its original rings and pistons which is a pretty awesome effort. Lately the FJ has been retired, though as you can see wouldn't take an aweful lot of work to get it back to its former glory.
These vehicles were imported as chassis into Australia, and the main body work was built locally. You'll note that this one has a age and a hardtop - my father built that as he didn't appreciate driving with farm dogs breathing and dribbling down the back of his neck! He also installed the rifle carriers.
I learnt to drive in this machine (if you can drive a crash gearbox you can drive anything!). Lots of family history and great memories here - I'd so love to do the restore one day.
ScreenHunter_077.jpg

Looks like a later fj25 just going by the f135 sticker,look on the right front frame horn for the vin number,should start with the model year...8 or 9 or 0 followed by a dash and then the vin.You probably have to dig through some paint to get to the numbers.Nice rig mate and should definately get restored!!

It also has the later speedo,58,to 60 is my guess, the 25 guys will chime in shortly!

Welcome, check the VIN number against the others in the FJ2X Registry, you'll find other Australian units there. And put it in the Count the 25 thread too. :)

Just from visual clues I would say it's a late 1959 or 1960. If there is not data plate the VIN number is on the right front frame rail, the first digit of the number is the year of manufacture. Great story and family history.

Family photo

Thanks guys - here's the best I can do at short notice regarding an old photo of the cruiser, she was pretty good looking back then (as was my aunt!)
ScreenHunter_078.jpg

great photo, love the old cruiser photos with history to back them up,any idea what year this was!

Welcome to the site.

Good to see another Aussie 25 the scrappers didnt get. Have a look at the numbers above the generaitor for the date the engine was made. Mine is
00215 First number year 0 /month 02 /day 15. 15 feb 1960.

:cheers:
25 gen 2.jpg

Unrestored would be more valuable then restored due to the fact that restoration itself has no controllable standards and after market items are a business. Unfortunately it is trendy to market “restored” vehicles but like I pointed out this is a matter of judgement.
Flippers want you to believe that your old vehicle is worthless so that they can buy it for next to nothing and “restore” it then sell it for huge profits.

a mob say the very I east the vehicle which is of this age is worth what it sold as new.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom