Is this a Jeep frame? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Sorry about cross posting, but the Jeep forum may have more insight...

Original thread HERE where I am trying to figure out what frame I have.

CIMG0028.jpg

It is a Jeep frame, either a CJ-7 or YJ Wrangler. The mount in the front center is for mounting the grill.

If you can reference the frame number, you can find the production year, that would give you an idea whether it's YJ or CJ.

Probably a 95 YJ, there was not a 96 YJ or TJ. Not sure when they stopped production of the 95 YJs though, Jeep usually winds down production in May or June. Since there was no 96 model year for Wranglers, Jeep may have run the 95 model year production longer than they normally would.

Thanks for the information.

Now all I need to do is figure out what it is worth and find a buyer :D

I figure the new springs alone cost somebody $500, and the rims were not cheap. The 10 bolt rear is already "rotated" for the yoke to point to the transfer case, and all the spring perches (front and rear) are welded in to match the YJ springs...that's quite a bit of work and expense right there.

Even the aluminum rims are in good shape :grinpimp:

Let's see...I still need to figure out the gear ratios in the rears, and check for lockers or limited slip diffs. :confused: The warn hubs look to be in good condition too. :clap:

Huh.
And the frame doesn't have the coilover box buckets, just all the leaf gear.

Maybe it's a TJ that's been de-coiled?
Or maybe a one-off monstrosity that's born out of whatever the plant had at the time of assembly?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom