Is there still a place for the ARB Front Bumper? (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

... I may reconsider picking one up to ease my mind about hitting a moose or a deer.

They are good for running over wildlife, maybe what they were designed for?

That
They are good for running over wildlife, maybe what they were designed for?
That's about all I would want an aftermarket bumper for. I don't need a winch and I have nowhere to do any rock crawling. Just tons of rugged gravel roads in the National Forests and on all the gravel roads we have up here that are crawling with wildlife.

Heck, there are moose and deer running all over, even in town. I live next to a 5000 acre municipal forest that has wolves, deer, coyote and maybe even some moose. I was at a city park in Duluth two falls ago when this guy wandered in. The bumper would make me less worried about hitting one accidentally.

Bull moose meanders through Lester Park

I made a mistake. I had read that it weighed around 250 lbs, but after going back to find that thread, that number included a big winch. If it really only weighs 75 pounds, I may reconsider picking one up to ease my mind about hitting a moose or a deer.

ARB bull bar owners - weight of the bumper?
yeah +/- 80 lbs without winch. I wish i was that strong. My 10k winch is about 75 lbs, so still only 160 lbs or so all together...250lb is ridiculous

I may reconsider picking one up to ease my mind about hitting a moose or a deer.

I don't think any bumper is going to help much against a sufficiently large moose, since their entire torso could be above the level of your hood.

I may be in the minority, but I think the ARB is the worst looking bumper commercially available for the 80s, and every truck with one on it automatically looks like a boring old man vehicle. It may be reasonably strong and able to hold a big winch, but I just can't get over how hideous they are.

Again, just my opinion.

I guess that is why I like the looks of it. I am an Old Man. To me it adds to the classic look of the 80.

so in case anyone searches this in the future I thought I'd post these pictures. @jfz80 thanks for pointing this out to me
IMAG0751.jpg
IMAG0752.jpg

i have had my ARB bumper for 5 yrs now and it has seen actions in Sand Hallow, Rubicon trail, Dusy Ershim, Moab and many other trails designed for rock crawling and i have never felt that it is thin, flimsy or the lack of clearances for what they are for. Yes, there are better bull bar out there with better clearances, etc., and it is also very stout as i have smashed it against rocks over and over again and it has always hold up and cleaned up well after a coat of spray paint.

Just don't tap a Jeep or any vehicle with a tire carrier. That ARB will bend and fold like it's hard plastic, but I guess it was designed that way for the wildlife in Aus.

It’s a classic looking bumper and if you have a welder, you can buy a used one cheap and modify them to fit your needs. Mad Matt chopped out the center section, put in a warm 8274, and mounted the whole thing over the frame rails. Go nuts🤷🏽‍♀️

I have a non winch bumper that’s probably 15 years old. Instead of getting a whole new bumper, I put a winch in and trimmed the wings. I just need to put recovery points in and cut out the wind deflector🤷🏽‍♀️

9BC61261-CE51-44E2-AA15-343001F21094.jpeg

65588D59-B10A-412E-B77B-59F75B64194C.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom