Is the Tundra locker an option? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
The latest Tundras have an available rear locker. Since there is some occasional parts commonality, I was wondering, has anyone looked into whether it would work on a 200? I tried briefly but wasn't finding any details in the usual online reviews.

The latest Tundras have an available rear locker. Since there is some occasional parts commonality, I was wondering, has anyone looked into whether it would work on a 200? I tried briefly but wasn't finding any details in the usual online reviews.

Not likely. The Tundras have a different size rear end, and I think that's true for the latest gen also. 10.5" ring gear. Versus our 9.5" ring gear. We are full time 4WD which shares the load with the front diff. 9.5" has the advantage of more clearance under the diff.

Not likely. The Tundras have a different size rear end, and I think that's true for the latest gen also. 10.5" ring gear. Versus our 9.5" ring gear. We are full time 4WD which shares the load with the front diff. 9.5" has the advantage of more clearance under the diff.
Thanks. That is exactly what I was trying to find. Couldn't remember the magic "ring gear" keyword.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom