Is anything Customizable on a 1999 - Techstream? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Finally got Techstream operating on my laptop this morning. I went and plugged it in and connected to the vehicle. I've played around with it for the last hour but cannot seem to find anything that can be customized so... is there anything customizable on a 1999? Techstream believes that my LC is a 1998 but the VIN says otherwise. Regardless of what system I go to, when I click Customize nothing populates. Any ideas?

Yeah, I hope that's not the case. Otherwise it looks like its just a glorified code reader. I'm sure it will be more useful for further diagnosing codes.

Will Techstream display AHC information on a 1999 model LX470?

For my 99 LC I used techstream to operate the master cylinder abs system so I could flush the brake fluid. It was the only reason I set it up, so I was glad it worked. That was a few years ago so I don't remember what the command tree was, but it seemed to work well. I could hear the master cylinder click as i pressed the button.
I don't know of any other utility of the program for the 99. Any ideas are welcome!

AHC pressures should be displayed I believe but aside from that for customizing you are SOL I believe.
Neat to know that you can do the brake flush using the software. I used the software to clear all the keys associated in the system and then reprogram my existing keys. NOTE: You can only have 8 keys max.
There are other functions to clear and test different functions like injectors, fuel pump, etc.

Last edited:
AHC pressures should be displayed I believe but aside from that for customizing you are SOL I believe.
Neat to know that you can do the brake flush using the software. I used the software to clear all the keys associated in the system and then reprogram my existing keys. NOTE: You can only have 8 keys max.
There are other functions to clear and test different functions like injectors, fuel pump, etc.

I guess the cylinder contribution (a.k.a power balance) test will work?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom