Is anyone still making tailgate storage lids? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Trail Tailor had a couple in the scratch and dent section. Says out of stock, but might be worth a call.

I have the Back Bay Customs piece. It is incredibly well made, and very strong. Give Adam a call to see what he has or message him on here. His username is @Notch. His shop is very busy so a phone call works best. (207) 878-8542

UPDATE: I heard back from Trail Taylor and Back bay.
Back bay has no plans for another run in the near future.

Trail Taylor is going to do a run in a month or so.

Those look pretty nice. I just wish the lids opened backwards away from the vehicle like wagongear’s so I could have it open while opening/closing drawers and have a table top type surface to work with as well if it’s open.

I got close to buying one of his last year. Saw in stock, added to cart, gone by the time I finished entering my info. I’ve been holding out for another but really looking like I’ll be forced to make my own.

As a US HDJ81 owner, I'm pretty sick of paying air-freight rates for parts from AU.

I got my Huracan Fab storage lid last year as part of a group buy. Even with shipping, it was less than I could get anything domestically.

We are now able to do smaller batches, more frequently and keep our inventory on the webstore updated. We post updates in our Instagram stories too if you like seeing how they are made. We've sold about 90 of them since this particular thread was last active. Also feel free to call the shop and ask for Sean or Adam and we can give you updates. Email is good too Thanks!

I love my Back Bay Customs rear tailgate storage solution; one of the cleanest and most useful mods I’ve done....and I never leave home without it ! Always amazed how much recovery stuff I can actually fit in there....

We're in The Netherlands. Shipping from either USA or AU is pretty expensive. Altough all the kits are all very complete and well made they are costly too.
I have not found a producer here in Europe.

Does anybody who made it themselves have a drawing (don't need the mounting holes, only outside and door-dimensions)? Lasercutting a sheet of aluminium is not very expensive.

Don't have my car here at the moment. I did some rough measurements but not enough to make a good design.

The Back Bay Customs kit looks real nice, but $700 is a bit rich for me. The Huracan Fab storage with $100 shipping to the US is around $360. Anyone want to do a group buy?

If we have a good drawing anyone who wants one can have it made (cut) locally. Lasercutting (here in The Netherlands) is about 50Euros. Sheet of 3/3.5mm teardrop aluminium is maybe 60.
You can either ad 2 plastic Aliexpress hatches of 40each or use some hinges and latches. Not too complicated.

Been looking at options for rear storage for quite some time. I'm just going to leave a comment here for future reference. Once I finish my Turbo install I will come back to this and start working towards rear storage.

I'd be in for a group buy with the Huracan. Been wanting to buy one for a while just hadn't pulled the trigger.

I've inquired about a group buy with Huracan. I'll let you all know what they say.

I've been really happy with my @TRAIL TAILOR version. I couldn't be happier.

If we do a group buy, what would the shipping price be each? Right now the actual item is only $225 on their website.

Still waiting on a quote. Shipping right now to Las Vegas is about $100.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom