Is a double locked 100 Series rare? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey all, quick question.

I bought two 100 series recently. One only has a center locking diff, and the other has a center locking diff and a rear locking diff. I know in the 80 series, a triple locked is the holy grail. Does something along the same lines go for the 100 series? Is a double locked rarer or increase the value?

Thanks.

Hey all, quick question.

I bought two 100 series recently. One only has a center locking diff, and the other has a center locking diff and a rear locking diff. I know in the 80 series, a triple locked is the holy grail. Does something along the same lines go for the 100 series? Is a double locked rarer or increase the value?

Thanks.
Add vehicle details like the year into your signature.

I suspect you have a 98-02 model?

I think those all had center and rear diff locks...... but I could be wrong....... 02 and up has traction control and just the center diff lock

Will see what the 98-02 guys say

Looks like trunkmonkey knows this stuff below vvvvv

Last edited:
Up here in Canada 98-02 LX had the option for the factory locker.
$400 back in the day
Yes, they are somewhat rare and sought after as some people like me prefer locking diffs over A-trac 100% of the times.

it’s a desirable option but nothing like 3x 80s. I’ve seen more 3x 100s with the factory rear than factory locked 80s.

It may be worth a little more but who wants a locked 100 anyway.

it’s a desirable option but nothing like 3x 80s. I’ve seen more 3x 100s with the factory rear than factory locked 80s.

Who wants a locked 100? I’d take that over an open diff 100 lol. What are you even saying.

I hav an 06 HDJ 100 that has center and rear lockers. also double tanks (Diesel) This is in Costa Rica. It is quite common in Central america

everyone wants that... but it is too rare to find a good condition one.

There was never an option for a factory triple locked 100 in the US. All have center locking diff. 98-99 had optional rear locker. 2000-07 had center diff lock and ATRAC traction control. If you find a US 100 with a front locker it's been added by the previous owner and will likely be an ARB or Eaton.

Thanks for the feedback! I am taking that it is a plus to have, but not as much of a selling point as a 3x locked 80.
A rear locker alone is not as desirable as a triple locked truck.

I don't think the platform has much to do with the desirability of being triple locked. If there is, it's to do with the platform itself, not how many lockers are in the truck.

Thanks for the feedback! I am taking that it is a plus to have, but not as much of a selling point as a 3x locked 80.
In the US you have to weigh if you want an older truck (potentially 8 or 9 years older) with a locker vs. a newer truck with ATRAC (which actually works surprisingly well)

01 HDJ100. European sold. Got factory rear locker and aftermarket ARB Airlocker in front.

Us 98-99 LX owners got shafted. No rear locker option and no ATRAC. I don't think my rear LSD does much anymore either.

I have a triple locked hundred series. Of course I had to add the lockers but I will say that the ATRAC system still tries to activate in certain situations even with all three lockers engaged. I think it’s kind of strange we can’t de active ATRAC. I have since discovered it has to do with the steering angle, input and tire rotation speed from the ABS sensors so it doesn’t really matter, ATRAC it’s still going to attempt to break on certain wheels, even when everything is locked up. Of course it doesn’t affect the vehicle but you can hear the system engaging and you can feel the truck struggle against that.

All of 100's I have driven in Europe were rear locked, however at this age the actuator is usually not working.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom