Ironman Suspension Question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 85 fj 60. I have noticed that many of you have bought Ironman suspensions recently. It appears that on ebay that Truck Accessories Liquidators does not have any listed specifically for my truck. I was wondering if the FJ 60 86-91 system or the HJ 60 would work.

thanks

sorry, can't help you as i'm not sure if there's a difference between 87 [i own] and 80-86. here's a bump though in case someone else can.

Talked to Kim today at the company that is selling these. (Didn't get all of the parts and they are rapid shipping those that were missing) She couldn't answer for me (you) but suggested that you ask through the listing on ebay. She can forward the e-mail that way to their expert.

Hope this helps.

Bridges,

I appreciate you trying to get an answer for me. Maybe someone will chime in with an answer but I will try the email route as you suggested.

thanks

If it's any help. BDS lists the same springs for '81 - '90.

The response I got was no from the seller. I thought the suspension was the same on all 60/62 series. Is their any other option on buying one of these lifts?

CoachK, I have a fellow cruiser friend waiting for his 87 model ironman suspension. Mine is an 84. I can compare them once he gets his. It should be here either today or tomorrow. All I can do is look at it visually and see if it differs.

Brian

My understanding is the ones for the late 60s and 62s had a different shock set up. Getting different shocks for that lift with a 60 might be the answer to using those springs for say an 84 60.

Thanks for the responses.
There is 1 86-91 lift kit and 3 HJ 60 kits left on Ebay. I would love to pull the trigger but just want to make sure I am getting something that will work. If I would just need to use different shocks or remove a leaf on the diesel kit that would be just fine. I appreciate all the help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom