Ironman 4x4 Awnings in Stock and at Deep Discounts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The QR mount (“male” side) mounts to the vertical arm of an L bracket, whose horizontal arm is mounted to the roof rack.

Will the Ironman mounts work on an old school rack made with 1" square tubing?

Will the Ironman mounts work on an old school rack made with 1" square tubing?

Yes they should. You’ll just need to drill (2) holes through your tubing, vertically spaced 2” apart (on center). You might need to source longer bolts to accommodate your tubes.
The male mounts will then bolt straight to your tubing, and the awning (with female mounts) will slide directly over the male mounts.
It is so nice to just lift off the awning, or put it on in a few seconds. Car washes, storing the awning in the garage, etc...I even have a 2nd set of poles so I can take the awning off the truck and turn it into a free-standing shade, for shading picnic tables or for an area away from the vehicle where I want shade or shelter.

Yes they should. You’ll just need to drill (2) holes through your tubing, vertically spaced 2” apart (on center)

Thanks

Follow - up question:

With 2" hole spacing these will have to go on the vertical / upright tubes. I'm laid up with a busted ankle and cannot get out to measure the front to back spacing of those tubes.

Can the awning handle any front to back spacing of the brackets or is it a fixed dimension for the brackets on the awning side?

Thanks

Follow - up question:

With 2" hole spacing these will have to go on the vertical / upright tubes. I'm laid up with a busted ankle and cannot get out to measure the front to back spacing of those tubes.

Can the awning handle any front to back spacing of the brackets or is it a fixed dimension for the brackets on the awning side?

So if I understand your question correctly, the answer is yes, the brackets can handle any “thickness” of your vertical roof-rack tubes. You will just need to source the correct diameter and length bolts (x4) and nuts.
The quick-release mount from Iron Man is a 2-piece affair. One piece, the “male” side, mounts to your rack. 2 simple bolts (as mentioned above), spaced 2” vertically.
The other piece (“female”) mounts to the track on the back of the awning. It’s simply a “hole” that slides over the pin on the male piece.
I have the largest size awning (2.5meter) that they make, and I only need two mounts...one forward, one rear.
Hope that helps...

Thanks McDuff. Sounds like it will work

2m Awnings with LED strip light was $279 -------> Now $199
2m Awning Rooms was $299 -------> Now $199

2.5m Awnings with LED strip light was $299 -------> Now $249
2.5m Awnings Rooms was $329 -------> Now $249

2.5m Awnings with LED strip light was $269 -------> Now $189

Fit Your Vehicle Now

And when the heck are the 80 lifts going on sale again, just picked up an 80 for my wife and she wants the lift BADLY..

Reactions: KTP
Does anybody know the difference between 2.5m awning at 249 and 189...

Does anybody know the difference between 2.5m awning at 249 and 189...

Not seeing any 2.5 awnings on their site for $189...
That’s the price for their smallest one...1.4m x 2.0m

Have a few more trips on the awning and still happy with it. Definitely appreciate going "up" in size as I was on the fence.

1603916839485.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom