Ipod Video Adapter (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Well, not willing to take the risk on the VAIS iPod video adapter so tonight I ordered the SL2i-UP audio adapter instead. Got it from eBay for $199 shipped (best price I could find), will report back on how it works.

I really don't care too much about iPod video when I have the DVD changer in the arm rest for movies.

FYI, something very interesting.

Today I received the VAIS SL2i-UP I ordered from eBay. I looked all around and eBay was the cheapest, $199 with free UPS Ground shipping included. The price on VAIS's web site direct through them is $244.99 plus shipping ON SALE!

So I get the one from eBay, and guess what, the shipping label on the box is VAIS Technology and the shipper's address matches VAIS's in CO perfectly.

So either the eBay seller is really VAIS, or VAIS drop ships for the seller. Either way, I got a direct from factory unit with full warranty for $50 cheaper...

If anyone else is interested in buying one, eBay seller "imgr8180"

Last edited:
hello great info let me know how your set up works; now i'm not sure how it will work due to the format of the videos (mp4) etc. I was in contact with a guy who put the vais unit in his gs model and had to replace it several times. I dont want to bumm you out but this was way over a year ago. his was an 09 model I have an 06 lx. good luck be care with the trim pieces

Just to clarify, the SL2i-UP I purchased it audio only. The video one, from everything I read and talked to, will not work in the LC. I was not willing to risk $350 to found out 100% myself. Instead I will simply use the 5-disk DVD change for movies, and the iPod for audio.

Just to clarify, the SL2i-UP I purchased it audio only. The video one, from everything I read and talked to, will not work in the LC. I was not willing to risk $350 to found out 100% myself. Instead I will simply use the 5-disk DVD change for movies, and the iPod for audio.

Do you have satellite radio also? Can you give a brief overview on how the VAIS SL2i-UP wires into the factory system?

I do not have satellite currently, but my understanding is satellite is still usable with the adapter.

I will post pics and info once I get it actually installed.

Bump... Anthony L. any results/findings? I am looking at picking up the SL2i-UP. Any recent feedback would be great...

:cheers:

Hijack...
My rear dvd player bit the dust, any one upgrade to a hard wired Ipod for the rear?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom