iphone to VaisTech Bluetooth issues? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey Guys,

I got a new iPhone and I'm having BT connectivity issues with it to VaisTech. I don't know if it's the new iOS 12 or hardware on the phone itself. Basically, the phone connects right away but when I start audio from my phone, it plays for a few seconds and then pauses. If I press play again it will do the same thing. To get it to work, I have to turn off BT on the phone for a few seconds, turn it on again and manually connect to Vais. It usually works after that, but not all the time. Sometimes I have to repeat the last step another time. My previous iPhone 7 running iOS 11 was a bit glitchy with BT in my truck also, but not like this and not as bad.

Is anyone else having issues with BT and VaisTech?

It's too bad such a fantastic truck has this bad system of integrated audio and climate control. I would like to do the "unicorn" retrofit but money and NLA parts is making that harder to do...

Hey Guys,

I got a new iPhone and I'm having BT connectivity issues with it to VaisTech. I don't know if it's the new iOS 12 or hardware on the phone itself. Basically, the phone connects right away but when I start audio from my phone, it plays for a few seconds and then pauses. If I press play again it will do the same thing. To get it to work, I have to turn off BT on the phone for a few seconds, turn it on again and manually connect to Vais. It usually works after that, but not all the time. Sometimes I have to repeat the last step another time. My previous iPhone 7 running iOS 11 was a bit glitchy with BT in my truck also, but not like this and not as bad.

Is anyone else having issues with BT and VaisTech?

It's too bad such a fantastic truck has this bad system of integrated audio and climate control. I would like to do the "unicorn" retrofit but money and NLA parts is making that harder to do...

Mine is working fine. Used it a good bit yesterday. iPhone X with IOS 12. Vais customer service was very helpful when I was installing mine.
I have the Vais Bluetooth and satellite adapters. They make the factory system tolerable, but every day I’m tempted by the retrofit.

Thanks for the reply. I'll try to contact them and see what they say.

They make the factory system tolerable, but every day I’m tempted by the retrofit.

This. Except probably every minute.

I called Vais about my issue. They know about it and are saying it's an issue with iOS 12. They don't have a solution for the problem ATM. If I hear anything more, I'll report back...

I called Vais about my issue. They know about it and are saying it's an issue with iOS 12. They don't have a solution for the problem ATM. If I hear anything more, I'll report back...
This is a bummer @dace voit - have you heard any more resolution? I had just installed a vaistech and am experiencing this in my truck - I assumed it was my own fault with the install and have been pulling my hair out a little bit trying to figure it out.

This is a bummer @dace voit - have you heard any more resolution? I had just installed a vaistech and am experiencing this in my truck - I assumed it was my own fault with the install and have been pulling my hair out a little bit trying to figure it out.

I never heard any more from them on this. It did seem to get a little better over time, as if they learned to play with each other ok. It was never great but ended up working well enough. I still liked it as an option to the silly stock system. I've since done the post 2003 Nav delete. Now my new head unit is glitchy. :rolleyes: It's still WAY better now though...

I had same issue when trying to play full library. However, when I created a playlist it does just fine. Until there is a long term fix, this could solve your problem.

I'll have to look into this as I just received a new work phone (iPhone Xs) last week. Haven't tried it in the Cruiser yet as it's my wife's daily. She has an iPhone 6 and I doubt she has updated her OS yet... I'll conduct some testing this weekend.

Otherwise I have been very happy with the SL3-B, but definitely eyeballin' the various retrofit and tesla screen discussions.

I know this is an old thread but I am still having this issue with the VaisTech setup in my LX570 and my iphone X running iOS 14.4. This is finally getting on my nerves enough to pull it out and do something different. Anyone else have this issue and solve it?

I know this is an old thread but I am still having this issue with the VaisTech setup in my LX570 and my iphone X running iOS 14.4. This is finally getting on my nerves enough to pull it out and do something different. Anyone else have this issue and solve it?
Try putting it in simple mode by pressing SCAN button 8 times within 1-2 seconds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom