Iphone SE mount (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am looking to mount my iPhone se in my GX, preferably to the right of the steering wheel. I have found a decent mount for the GX460 but not for the GX470. The one I found for the GX460 mounts into the air vent. Do they have something like that for the GX470?

What kind of a mount do you mean? There are tons of generic air vent mounts. There are some bridge style things that go over the info center thing that would then let you mount a fixed mount to them.

What kind of a mount do you mean? There are tons of generic air vent mounts. There are some bridge style things that go over the info center thing that would then let you mount a fixed mount to them.

I guess I am looking for a quality air vent option. I really like the GX460 mount that is made by the company ProClip. I am going to contact them and see if it will work for a GX470. That is exactly what I am looking for. Those other ones you attached are way more than I need.

I had a ProClip on my previous vehicle and can vouch it is solidly built. Be aware that you have to slip it between panel seams and so once its on there... its on there unless you bring your pry tools with you everywhere. So whatever its blocking (like a vent) be prepared to live with it. My ProClip covered up the car's hazard light button. The button was still accessible but... tradeoffs. I wouldn't have bought/tried the ProClip if it covered a vent.

I can recommend Ram Mounts. I have one currently on my GX. It is a suction cup windshield mount, but really really solid build. I like it because its got options for longer arms so the phone is further away from the windshield and won't overheat in the summer during long drives.

Both are pricy but you really get what you pay for.

Owl media mount, mounts to the tape deck

I had a ProClip on my previous vehicle and can vouch it is solidly built. Be aware that you have to slip it between panel seams and so once its on there... its on there unless you bring your pry tools with you everywhere. So whatever its blocking (like a vent) be prepared to live with it. My ProClip covered up the car's hazard light button. The button was still accessible but... tradeoffs. I wouldn't have bought/tried the ProClip if it covered a vent.

I can recommend Ram Mounts. I have one currently on my GX. It is a suction cup windshield mount, but really really solid build. I like it because its got options for longer arms so the phone is further away from the windshield and won't overheat in the summer during long drives.

Both are pricy but you really get what you pay for.

Owl media mount, mounts to the tape deck

Thanks for this. Both solid options. Do you any pictures of the Ram Mount that you are using right now?

I’ve been using this for over 6 years. I stuck a metal plate that came with the kit on the back of my iPhone cover.

I offroad with it and phone doesn’t fall. Intermediate trails too that have rock crawling, Baja 🌵 desert, etc.

It’s mounted on the fake wood trim to the right of the steering wheel

E5515E87-69E5-48DA-90E4-CC22622A6A50.jpeg

I’ve been using this for over 6 years. I stuck a metal plate that came with the kit on the back of my iPhone cover.

I offroad with it and phone doesn’t fall. Intermediate trails too that have rock crawling, Baja 🌵 desert, etc.

It’s mounted on the fake wood trim to the right of the steering wheel

View attachment 3198404
When you mounted this did you screw it to the trim or did you simply use the adhesive it comes with?

When you mounted this did you screw it to the trim or did you simply use the adhesive it comes with?
Simply adheres. Take a second to clean/prep the surface. Mine's mounted just like Homer's. The edges flex to follow the slight curve of the surface. I use this on my Tundra too. Love them.

Here...

20221223_114335.jpg

20221223_114326.jpg

Mine is the same. It’s lasted over 6 years. I was actually surprised this lasted so long and still holding strong. Multiple iPhones over the years.

Also, pavement driving and dirt roads no issues at all. Only when speeding thru a washboard road in Death Valley or a large event when rock crawling has the phone fell, but that’s like twice in over 6 years.

Other off-road trips the iPhone stayed on magnet. But I attach metal plate to outside of iPhone case for a strong magnet hold.

Thanks for this. Both solid options. Do you any pictures of the Ram Mount that you are using right now?
Sorry for the late reply, hope this helps. This is my Ram mount with the longest arm. The parts are all sturdy, well built. I really like it, it keeps my phone far enough away from the windshield so that my phone doesn’t overheat from the summer sun during long drives. The magnet doesn’t come with it, I spec’ed all the other parts from Ram all the way to the flat surface and bought the magnet separately. My iPhone sticks perfectly on it. I have tried all kinds of other phone mounts (CD slot, schoche windshield suction cup, ProClip) and I like the Ram mount the best.
8E05B19A-3652-4682-BEBA-FF4A43C007F0.jpeg
D32214E3-7D70-4B3F-B1A7-7CAC020FC7C2.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom