Introduction time

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Well after looking for only about a month I found a pretty darn good 2000 LX470 with 144K.

It actually, as far as I can tell is an AWESOME LX 470!! It has been serviced at the Lexus dealership in Eugene OR since it was taken of the boat here in Portland.

So as well as all of the service records it's clean as heck, has the original owners manuals, original sticker and inspection certificate in the owner manual book and has 2 keyless entry keys one with the worn out original leather Lexus key chain. Zero rips in the seats, no stains on the carpets, and in fact very little wear overall. The timing belt was replaced according to service records at 80K, along with the water pump and everything else seems to be in pretty good knick. AHC checked out as well. Was a smooth ride all the way to the coast this weekend after we picked it up.

Enjoy the pictures and I'm sure this isn't the last you'll hear from me in the 100/LX470 section
IMG_0715.jpg
IMG_0731.jpg
IMG_0732.jpg

Congrats, looks like a Winner!

Nice, now do like the rest of us and rip off those running boards as soon as you get home.

Sent from the future to protect John Conner.

John Connor? Oh yea, him!

Yup - delete the running boards and let's get the addiction started already, ok?

Or are you one of those guys and are gonna "baseline" your rig?

jk

If by baseline you mean keep it stock. No not planning on it. Def want to get rid of the running boards and put some sliders on.

Plan on upgrading the stereo as well, don't own tapes anymore. I'm sure there are plenty of posts on what kind of stereos people are throwing in but if anyone has a favorite post it up here. Is it possible to throw the newer LX NAV/touch screen in the older rigs?

Keeping the tires as is since the dealership I got it from literally just put new tires on it.

Are there headlight upgrades for these?

Not really sure what other mods I want to make at this point. Maybe new bumpers down the road.

Tad nervous about working on it. I have my 60 and my 40 sorted out in terms of wrenching on it but the LX scares me a touch. Seems like maintenance is going to be straight forward we'll see about the rest.:cheers:

jestlurnin said:
I have my 60 and my 40 sorted out...

Wait, you have a 40 and a 60 too?

I've tackled projects that I would not have even considered were it not for 'MUD. You'll be fine.

Welcome! Lots of great people here to help you out. If you have the time, I would suggest you try and tackle the maintenance yourself... You will learn much more about your rig.

Last Aug I purchased by 99 LC similar to yours. Now, with the help of MUD and some new friends...

image-3525626208.jpg

Be careful, it becomes addicting!
image-3525626208.jpg

Yep I've got a 60 and a 40 as well. I've been wrenching on my 60 for about a decade. I've only had my 40 for about 3 years and have maybe driven it 1000 miles.

I plan on doing all the maintenance myself. I figure changing out dif fluid and tranny fluid, and changing oil, etc., is the same on a fancy cruiser as it is on one that's 40 years old. Turn wrench, drain fluid, turn wrench, fill fluid.

It's all the darn computers and this new fangled thing called fuel injection that scare me. Not to mention this things got 2 more cylinders than I'm used to!! LOL

Can't wait to dive in, just plan on going slow and reading a ton of posts on here before I jump into anything on her.

Speaking of her, she needs a name!! I'll get on that.:cheers:

nice find and good luck with modding!!

Creeper thanks for reminding me about the club. I always have questions about stuff when I'm wrenching and forget there is a club that meets less than 10 minutes from my house!!! Maybe I should use my noggin a little more and tap into the club resource a bit more!! I'd like to think that I have a bit of knowledge to give back as well!!

On a side note/maintenance note. What are folks using for oil? Should I go full synthetic on my fancy cruiser or is regular ol' dino blood ok for these things.

Also was wondering what FSM are going for for the LX's. Can I just call Toyota materials distribution center to get them?:cheers:

Not having to mess with a carb makes these cruisers a lot easier IMHO.
The AHC aspect mught be you biggest challenge.

The 2UZ loves any 5w-30 oil.
Most folks here (it seems) prefer Mobil 1 syn, including me.

Welcome to this side.
Glad to hear from people with a cruiser collection :+0

good stuff, welcome!

Mobil 1 0W-30 Advanced Fuel Economy./QUOTE]

That's a great oil. I just don't see it being of benefit unless you are in the 10F or below degree weather temps. I tried it in the LS and did not see any MPG difference here is TX.

Since my cruiser is over 100k miles, I have really liked the Mobil 1 High Mileage 5w-30 oil. Mobil 1 High Mileage 5W-30

It's a little thicker than the other M1 oils and protects a little better when towing, 4wd high RPMs, etc... Plus, the seal conditioners might help prevent leaks, but that's normally not a problem on these engines anyway. (excluding the VC gaskets):hillbilly:

OK so it looks like some folks like to use synthetic.

I've always been worried with my 60 and 40 to go full synthetic after using conventional their whole lives because I've heard somewhere that leaks might start.

Is that a concern or modern myth?

Thanks for all the help gents.:cheers:

Creeper thanks for reminding me about the club. I always have questions about stuff when I'm wrenching and forget there is a club that meets less than 10 minutes from my house!!! Maybe I should use my noggin a little more and tap into the club resource a bit more!! I'd like to think that I have a bit of knowledge to give back as well!!

On a side note/maintenance note. What are folks using for oil? Should I go full synthetic on my fancy cruiser or is regular ol' dino blood ok for these things.

Also was wondering what FSM are going for for the LX's. Can I just call Toyota materials distribution center to get them?:cheers:

No worries! I have a full set of FSM for a 2000 LX. I got them on eBay for a lot cheaper than TMDC. As for oil, I ran Chevron Delo in the 80 and have a bunch left. I will probably continue to run that in the 100.

As far as resources go, that's what we are here for! I just got done doing my 90k and 120k, so I'm starting to get some experience! LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom