Introduce Yourself (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So…. These are from GSMTR….
#JustHavingFun !!! #STLCA

IMG_1274.jpeg

IMG_1242.jpeg

IMG_1247.jpeg

IMG_1236.jpeg

IMG_1224.jpeg

IMG_1097.jpeg

this is in Windrock Park. Oliver Springs TN.
everything from gravel roads to extreme, and everything in between.
It,s in June every year. 240 plus trucks registered this year.
That,s me in the 62 with awesome flex

this is in Windrock Park. Oliver Springs TN.
everything from gravel roads to extreme, and everything in between.
It,s in June every year. 240 plus trucks registered this year.
That,s me in the 62 with awesome flex
Nice! I've been there. I took my mom on a road trip from Atlanta GA to Austin TX - along the way we stopped at a few off road places, Windrock included. It was her first time off roading - she nearly had a panic attack. It was awesome.

Hi Everyone,

My name is Patrick and I am located on Johns Island. I've been eyeing a LC for a while now, in high school I first fell in love with the gen3 4Runner, but never owned one. For a while I really wanted a 60 series, but the practicality and convenience of an 80 series makes the most sense for me and it seems to be the sweet spot of some modern comforts before electronics got overly complicated beyond what I would feel comfortable with.

I found an LX 450 in Atlanta and after testing out the market for a few weeks all over the southeast this seemed like the right truck for a fair price. It's super clean cosmetically on the exterior other than a s***ty respray front bumper and side mirror. Interior is also pretty clean other than center console is worn down and broken latch as well as the front seats are fairly worn. The carpet has also seen better days. I laughed when I saw the old school car phone (Any interesting ideas on how to repurpose it? maybe wire it up to a loudspeaker?)

Underneath it also looks really clean, which was what made me jump on it, it was one of the cleanest chassis I've seen and it seems like this thing has stayed stock its entire life, other than some weird accessory on the left side switchboard where factory locker dial would go, I am thinking maybe an aftermarket alarm/remote start?

The bad - 260k miles, it will need some maintennace. drivers seat slides back and forward, but it doesn't recline, and it is stuck fairly upright, not the most comfortable for a 6'2" dude for a 5 hour drive back. Thanks to this forum I already know the troubleshoot steps and possible parts I need depending on the diagnosis, along with the extension brackets from Landtank. Steering and suspension seem a little tired, rotors might be a little warped too. Finally, it looks like a little oil is seeping from the front crank.

Step 1 is going to be baselining engine, transmission, brakes, steering and suspension. Don't have the time to work it all out myself with work and 3 kids, so I'll be taking somewhere locally. Thanks to this forum I also have a list of great places to reach out to, and some of them are members too!

After baselining(and fixing that damn seat), I will probably upgrade the speakers and head unit, with the windows down and cruising at 60mph the volume was a little low and the quality of the sound even lower and I enjoy jamming to some tunes when going on a drive.

After that a few modest upgrades: minor lift, 33's, roof basket, front bumper, re-cover the seats, maybe new carpet and little tweaks here and there. I am not planning on taking it wheeling, it's more for a weekend drive, camping trips and going up to OBX, so I want to retain some comfort and driveability. I wouldn't mind putting a supercharger one day if it reaches that point...

Anyway, looking forward to diving into this thing and seeing what all the fuss is about, already a big fan After a 5 hour ride in an awkward position. Currently laying on the floor with my back killing me and big smile on my face while sleuthing around for mods, build threads and all that stuff.

Side note, anybody know if the vanity plate "4&ahalf" is available in SC😂

20230813_142631.jpg

20230813_142636.jpg

20230813_142650.jpg

20230813_142656.jpg

Looks good, we'll have you wheeling it soon

Hi Everyone,

My name is Patrick and I am located on Johns Island. I've been eyeing a LC for a while now, in high school I first fell in love with the gen3 4Runner, but never owned one. For a while I really wanted a 60 series, but the practicality and convenience of an 80 series makes the most sense for me and it seems to be the sweet spot of some modern comforts before electronics got overly complicated beyond what I would feel comfortable with.

I found an LX 450 in Atlanta and after testing out the market for a few weeks all over the southeast this seemed like the right truck for a fair price. It's super clean cosmetically on the exterior other than a s***ty respray front bumper and side mirror. Interior is also pretty clean other than center console is worn down and broken latch as well as the front seats are fairly worn. The carpet has also seen better days. I laughed when I saw the old school car phone (Any interesting ideas on how to repurpose it? maybe wire it up to a loudspeaker?)

Underneath it also looks really clean, which was what made me jump on it, it was one of the cleanest chassis I've seen and it seems like this thing has stayed stock its entire life, other than some weird accessory on the left side switchboard where factory locker dial would go, I am thinking maybe an aftermarket alarm/remote start?

The bad - 260k miles, it will need some maintennace. drivers seat slides back and forward, but it doesn't recline, and it is stuck fairly upright, not the most comfortable for a 6'2" dude for a 5 hour drive back. Thanks to this forum I already know the troubleshoot steps and possible parts I need depending on the diagnosis, along with the extension brackets from Landtank. Steering and suspension seem a little tired, rotors might be a little warped too. Finally, it looks like a little oil is seeping from the front crank.

Step 1 is going to be baselining engine, transmission, brakes, steering and suspension. Don't have the time to work it all out myself with work and 3 kids, so I'll be taking somewhere locally. Thanks to this forum I also have a list of great places to reach out to, and some of them are members too!

After baselining(and fixing that damn seat), I will probably upgrade the speakers and head unit, with the windows down and cruising at 60mph the volume was a little low and the quality of the sound even lower and I enjoy jamming to some tunes when going on a drive.

After that a few modest upgrades: minor lift, 33's, roof basket, front bumper, re-cover the seats, maybe new carpet and little tweaks here and there. I am not planning on taking it wheeling, it's more for a weekend drive, camping trips and going up to OBX, so I want to retain some comfort and driveability. I wouldn't mind putting a supercharger one day if it reaches that point...

Anyway, looking forward to diving into this thing and seeing what all the fuss is about, already a big fan After a 5 hour ride in an awkward position. Currently laying on the floor with my back killing me and big smile on my face while sleuthing around for mods, build threads and all that stuff.

Side note, anybody know if the vanity plate "4&ahalf" is available in SC😂

View attachment 3400624

View attachment 3400625

View attachment 3400626

View attachment 3400627
Welcome! im also on Johns Island! ill keep an eye out for you. thats a nice looking 80!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom