Intro Thread / Shimmy's Build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello everyone! I've had my LC200 for 3 years now, and enjoyed every mile of ownership. Such a great car. It was and still is my dream car. I bought it originally to be the "family tank" and it's served that purpose well. We've recently added a more efficient townie to our home so the LC200 is freed up to fully live up to its role as a family TANK.

And since I absolutely hate money and want to burn full wheelbarrows of it, I've decided to celebrate my 40th birthday 6 years early and get this thing built later this year (pending a weight loss challenge with my wife, which I am determined to win). Currently I'm in the planning stage, and want to get something on the books with a shop late June. I've built up many rigs over the years but my current situation is not having enough time or space to run my own wrenches.

I am wondering if there are any shops that folks here have experience with in the Bend/Portland area (or anywhere in PNW/Idaho/MT).

So far I've found these shops--not sure if they all work on 200s:

LCNWPortland, OR
TorfabEverett, WA
Land Cruiser SpecialitiesOregon City, OR
The Landcruiser ShopSandpoint, ID
Technique OutfittersBend, OR

Thanks for reading!

IMG_4400.jpeg

Torfab +1. Talked to them at length and I think they are very upfront about identifying what you are after and just doing that, example - they recommended to me that I could run 35s without gears (which is true). Definitely put what’s best for customer above profit. They also said it would be with some minor compromises, which is also true.

I did end up doing gears with my 35s and wouldn’t have it any other way, but it’s a great example of a company not just booking the work for easy $.

I'd probably recommend MULE Expedition or Technique. I plan to take my Ram and LC to Technique. Honestly would love to take my LC to SNLC in Boise but they are quite difficult to get a hold of.

Really appreciate it folks. Hope to share some updates with you all soon.

@CreeperSleeper I joined the FB page you linked. Hope to come for the March 18 run!
Great! I look forward to meeting you.

Also, March 16th is our monthly Meet & Greet. That is held 6:30pm at Buster's BBQ in Tigard. You are more than welcome to join us then as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom