Intermittent starting issues after flat battery (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey all, have a 2005 HZJ105R and have owned for 3 years now.

About 3 weeks ago went camping with some mates and flattened the starter battery dead. Next morning attempted to jump start the car with some questionable leads to no avail. Ended up swapping started batteries with my mate to start the car then quickly changing back to my starter after vehicle had started. Drove home, chucked the car on charge I'm the shed and battery has been fine since.

This is where the problem started. Intermittently, when I go to start the car, the motor will turn over but not fire. Sometimes this will resolve itself and start after a few attempts of turning key off and trying to start over again. Sometimes it doesn't start easily at all. In these instances it seems to help to give with the manual fuel primer a few pumps on the filter, sometimes it doesn't help. I have managed to get the car started every time this has happened although a few times it has taken so long that I almost ended up with another flat starter battery.

After doing some research I am beginning to think that there is an issue with the fuel cut solenoid. May be the solenoid itself or possibly a wiring issue. The problem now is there are shear bolts holding the cover on the solenoid and I might have to remove the injector pump to get to the solenoid and test it.

Looking for any advice or people who have had the same/similar issues.

Also car is a daily and will struggle if it's off the road for too long.

Cheers guys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom