Intermittent problems - Airbag light and anti-theft alarm (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
2005 LC with 215K on it. I've started having a couple of intermittent what I assume are electrical issues, and I'm wondering if anyone else has dealt with these.

First, for the last couple of months, maybe 1/3 of the time after I start the vehicle, the airbag warning light fails to turn off as it should. It almost always turns off the next time the vehicle starts, and it never does anything else, no flashing, no audible alarms, etc.

The last few week sor so, I have been getting another issue when starting. Very rarely, maybe 1 out of 10-12 times, the anti-theft horn beeps after the vehicle starts. Yep, it lets me start the vehicle and then the under hood horn starts beep-beep-beep like the vehicle thinks it's being stolen. Turning it off and restarting it has worked so far, but that is SUPER annoying.

Is this something that others have experienced? Tracking down electrical faults is a pain, and I'm hoping someone can say, "oh yeah, that is the blank blank issue, and here is the easy fix. :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom