Interesting new product from Garmin (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thats awesome! Send a few pics if you have time or want to. I like seeing different setups.
263934934_623704442170548_7739085256560727183_n.jpg

I'm considering this setup now. How do you like the Garmin Overlander? I'll be running two sets of lights, two compressors and Front/Rear lockers from whatever interface I choose. The fact that I can mount a PowerSwitch up front for those mods, and add one in the back for all my other accessories is a nice bonus. My biggest concern is that I won't be happy with the phone control or the Overlander unit. Would you have any hesitation using it to control eLockers?
I’m sure it will work with the lockers but I have my lockers controlled with the 80 series stock dash locker switch. The 80 series locker switch fits perfectly in the 100 series by pulling off that switch and popping it on. So when I turn it it activates my front locker after I activate the rear locker. Gives it a super nice factory look.

Rowe Electronics Amplink Power Distribution Module $287.50​

I have used two of these on various motorcycles for the past several years, in all kinds of weather.

60 amps total over 6 outlets, fully programmable.

They work flawlessly and cost less than the price of the Garmin.

I've found this thread very insightful. Personally I'd like PWM/dimmable outputs which the Amplink and standard bluetooth relays lack. There's another option not mentioned here called the Neutrino that's crazy programmable (time/temp/speed/deceleration/external triggers/time delays) for $250/$350 depending on the feature set you like:

Looks like a really solid value in this space, made in the USA to boot.

God I love the Garmin power switch. Works flawlessly, no more drilling into the firewall and having random switches all over the dash. Keeps everything neat and simple. Even easier to mount and hook everything up yourself. I was able to get Siri to control the power switch and set scenes based on time of day through HomeKit. Also since I have a garmin overlander and a kenwood Apple CarPlay head unit with garmin maps everything is a finger touch away or a voice command away using Siri or the “Hey Garmin” features. I currently have my solar panel controller hooked to my plb40, baja squadron lights, arb compressor and my lighted buggy whip all controlled by the power switch. Works flawlessly with a lag time no longer than it takes to slow blink your eyes.
Hi there

Seriously looking at the Garmin Powerswitch with some baja design S2 pros for side roof racl lighting.

My question is does the Garmin dimmer (and other light funtcionality) work with the baja design lights? Ie can you dim these lights or do the lights need a PWM?

Can you dim any led?

Can't speak for Baja Designs specifically, but it works fine with both my Rigid light bar and the STEDI Type-X Pro spots.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom