Interesting FYI on LED bulb failures and cascade problems… Who knew? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Saw this on the Facebook 80 Series LC Forum -
WHEW!!! I just learned a quick and easy lesson for all of us to store in our data banks 🧠. I was driving my '97 FZJ80 around when I noticed I had no gauges. All of my gauges were dead including my green 'D' light. Surprisingly, even my speedometer and trip meter were dead. (I thought they'd be strictly mechanical and continue working.) I had no Tach, no Oil Pressure, no Coolant Temp, no Voltage, etc. That circuit also includes power windows, sunroof and reverse lights. I managed to find some 10 Amp fuses, swapped it with a new one and a minute later it burned again, no gauges. I swapped it again and this time I noticed that it seemed to pop as soon as I hit reverse. Well I have super bright LED reverse bulbs that I've had in for years. Maybe they've gone bad and are drawing enough to pop the fuse. I pulled my reverse bulbs, put in a fresh fuse and it lasted thru reverse. I put the bulbs back in, put her in reverse and it popped again. I could even smell one of the bulbs had smelled like burning wiring. I thanked the Toyota Gods for an easy one honestly. My LED reverse bulbs had died and were popping my gauge fuse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom