Interesting article about upcoming Toyota models including LC (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Vincenzo

SILVER Star
Threads
Sorry if this was posted already.....

Came across a bit of reading about the next gen toyota's. No clue if any of it is real or not, but we can hope. Looks like the LC is going to be marketed more as an off-road rather than a luxury....Thought I read the LC was going away, who know...

Toyota Might Be Planning Massive Changes to Its Trucks and SUVs

These articles read like a 12-year old middle schooler trying to write for the school paper. "Ancient" 6-speed. "Ageing" v8. "Allegedly" "Reportedly" etc. Amazing this person actually gets paid to write this drivel. Takeway: Read Motor Trend, The Drive, Jalopnik, or Japanese Nostalgic Car. At least they know how to drive a manual.

These articles read like a 12-year old middle schooler trying to write for the school paper. "Ancient" 6-speed. "Ageing" v8. "Allegedly" "Reportedly" etc. Amazing this person actually gets paid to write this drivel. Takeway: Read Motor Trend, The Drive, Jalopnik, or Japanese Nostalgic Car. At least they know how to drive a manual.

I agree. it's speculation for the sake of speculation.

If toyota doesn't just give us an updated 70 that they brought up to current standards, I am not interested. If they try to give us a rebooted FJ cruiser I am going to lose my mind

I agree. it's speculation for the sake of speculation.

If toyota doesn't just give us an updated 70 that they brought up to current standards, I am not interested. If they try to give us a rebooted FJ cruiser I am going to lose my mind
Totally agree, I am becoming less and less interested in their new stuff. Might even sell my 4Runner. Their stuff is quality but they are NOT listening to their customers. Jeep sure is. I will keep my 40’s but they lost me after the 80. Unless they bring over the 70, and also offer Troopy but I am not waiting anymore. They are too caught up in focus groups and other corporate BS. I think they have truly lost their way. Much like Cadillac did.

Totally agree, I am becoming less and less interested in their new stuff. Might even sell my 4Runner. Their stuff is quality but they are NOT listening to their customers. Jeep sure is. I will keep my 40’s but they lost me after the 80. Unless they bring over the 70, and also offer Troopy but I am not waiting anymore. They are too caught up in focus groups and other corporate BS. I think they have truly lost their way. Much like Cadillac did.

Unfortunately the 4runner and taco sell like hotcakes... so they don't really have much interest in changing things in that regard, so i am curious to see what they do. Anything they release is going to pull sales from 4runners and tacos...

Unfortunately the 4runner and taco sell like hotcakes... so they don't really have much interest in changing things in that regard, so i am curious to see what they do. Anything they release is going to pull sales from 4runners and tacos...
You make a good point. To me the Landcruiser has lost its way, now some ultra heavy mall yacht! Serious off-road guys only have one choice in a new vehicle and it isn’t a 4Runner. While not a fan of Jeep quality, they are quite capable off the showroom floor and we have lots of rocks in AZ! Ford has been really shooting its mouth off about being superior to a Wrangler. No way without a solid front axle. First rock garden the Jeep will wave goodbye. It seems most manufacturers have been living off some “former glory from the past”. It would be nice to have something new and reliable to get out there in that has a solid front axle.

You make a good point. To me the Landcruiser has lost its way, now some ultra heavy mall yacht!

Have to disagree. Not the Land Cruiser but Toyota and possibly it's Toyota USA. Toyota makes plenty of Land Cruisers including a solid front axle. Just not interested in importing them here. Years ago had high hopes when I seen pictures of the PX10 that that would make it's way to the US. Instead we got the FJ Cruiser which I read some engineers in California had a hand in designing.

Ah yes the age old debate and wish list of "toyota should...". Toyota won't: Import ANY 70 series to the US; Sell a solid front axle truck here; sell a diesel; import the HiLux...

Ah yes the age old debate and wish list of "toyota should...". Toyota won't: Import ANY 70 series to the US; Sell a solid front axle truck here; sell a diesel; import the HiLux...
and it all makes me sad :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom