Interest in Gen1 Tacoma ARB modification (jeep bumper) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

GMSilk_Fj60

SILVER Star
Threads
Greetings all.

I recently got a hell of a deal on a 94 cherokee ARB bumper. After some test fitting, I realized that it will fit on my 2005 Tacoma TRD pretty well. The bull bar aligns well, the width is correct, and with a little cutting of the front inner wheel well it should look pretty natural.

I was curious if anyone had thoughts on the gap between frame and bumper. Make a bracket to attach to the arb mounting brackets to the Rock Defense Tacoma Bumper Hardware frame insert? Should I just sell the bumper and get a proper tacoma bumper?

Just fishing for ideas and sharing how well these Jeep bumpers fit with a little modification.

Frame and Bumper 2.JPG

Frame and Bumper under.JPG

FRont view.JPG

side view.JPG

Tacoma Bumper.JPG

I'd sure be interested in how it fits on. If I were you, I'd definitely just weld some tabs onto either the frame or more likely the bumper itself to make it fit right to the frame on the tacoma. I am having to sell my cruiser to i'm in the market for a 4 door taco right now, either 4x4 or trd off-road with a rear diff lock. but either way, i'm gonna need a bumper replacement with space for winch and a jeep bumper would be much cheaper than a taco specific one. let me know how this goes or how it went depending on how far along on the project you are.

thanks

I was prepared to do that on my truck, just couldn't find a bumper I liked that I could afford.
Interested to see how it goes if you do do it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom