Interest in Gen1 Tacoma ARB modification (jeep bumper)

Discussion in 'Tacoma (Gen 1) - 4Runner (Gen 3)' started by GMSilk_Fj60, Jul 30, 2018.

1. GMSilk_Fj60

GMSilk_Fj60 SILVER Star

Media:
    Greetings all.

I recently got a hell of a deal on a 94 cherokee ARB bumper. After some test fitting, I realized that it will fit on my 2005 Tacoma TRD pretty well. The bull bar aligns well, the width is correct, and with a little cutting of the front inner wheel well it should look pretty natural.

I was curious if anyone had thoughts on the gap between frame and bumper. Make a bracket to attach to the arb mounting brackets to the Rock Defense Tacoma Bumper Hardware frame insert? Should I just sell the bumper and get a proper tacoma bumper?

Just fishing for ideas and sharing how well these Jeep bumpers fit with a little modification.

Frame and Bumper 2.JPG

Frame and Bumper under.JPG

FRont view.JPG

side view.JPG

Tacoma Bumper.JPG

2. LazyEye

LazyEye

Media:
    Albums:
    I'd sure be interested in how it fits on. If I were you, I'd definitely just weld some tabs onto either the frame or more likely the bumper itself to make it fit right to the frame on the tacoma. I am having to sell my cruiser to i'm in the market for a 4 door taco right now, either 4x4 or trd off-road with a rear diff lock. but either way, i'm gonna need a bumper replacement with space for winch and a jeep bumper would be much cheaper than a taco specific one. let me know how this goes or how it went depending on how far along on the project you are.

thanks

3. N22

N22

Media:
    Albums:
    I was prepared to do that on my truck, just couldn't find a bumper I liked that I could afford.
    Interested to see how it goes if you do do it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.