Interchangeability of 1HZ Injection Pump (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 1991 (HZJ73V-MES) with an Injection Pump part # 22100-17110, from some basic research it seems a little rare. How interchangeable are other pumps for 1HZs? I would imagine they vary a fair amount because of internal changes as they aged. I see there is a few already rebuilt and new pumps out there for sale for 1HZs but none that correspond with the part number on my truck.

Before I get the response "just rebuild the one you have", I have already sent it out to get rebuilt and can no longer get a hold of them. Hopefully it will turn out fine but if its doesn't I would like to start planning a back up as I DD'd my 70 series.

There is a bunch more numbers attached to the ID tag on my pump and will just attach a photo of it to avoid any confusion.

Thanks for any help,
~Al :beer:

Pump Id Tag.
A7CC3A5B-747A-4325-AB65-106B80A84552.jpeg

I sold a injector pump off a 93 HZJ75 to an owner of an early 80 series and he sent a message to say it fired up straight away.
A diesel shop said the 1HZ pumps were all interchangeable but he says make sure the gears for the timing belt were the same if the pump was off a post 99 model. Some say thats not true, but I would check or use the gears that came with the engine to make sure.

Just looking on google images, there are 711, 745, 747, 751 and 7A1 pumps to suit a 1HZ. The diesel shop told me any 1HZ pump with the same combo of letters and numbers is identical.

Just looking on google images, there are 711, 745, 747, 751 and 7A1 pumps to suit a 1HZ. The diesel shop told me any 1HZ pump with the same combo of letters and numbers is identical.

So are you saying I just have to to look for another 711 pump? Or any of the 745, 747, 751 pumps will work as well?
Do we know what year the cut off is for timing for "newer 1HZ's" 99+?

Thanks for the help, it's a least a little better news.

I have a parts 1HZ from a 92 hzj70 I believe. I will check the tag on that one when I get back to the shop

Onur sent me your way... I'll text you in a bit. Thanks man.

So are you saying I just have to to look for another 711 pump? Or any of the 745, 747, 751 pumps will work as well?
Do we know what year the cut off is for timing for "newer 1HZ's" 99+?

Thanks for the help, it's a least a little better news.
I think they will all work. As I stated before, I sold the HZJ75 pump to an 80 series owner and he was happy. Im pretty sure any 1HZ regardless of year can be made to work, but from 90-99 they would all be interchangeable. The cut off would be when the HZJ79/78/105 was released, at least in Australia.
The only other concern I might have is that some markets had more demanding emission laws and required higher cracking pressures at the injectors, I'm not sure if that affects the pump settings. Some 1HZ pumps came with a ASCD.

I appreciate all the time grabbing photos and diagram shots. The rebuilder got back to me and said it would be a few more weeks :meh:.
At least I will have options if I need them... Thanks again for everything.

Just to throw another part number into the mix, the pump on my engine is a 22100-17310. Since I bought the engine on its own without much useful history I've been searching for something that would narrow down what is came out of before sending it out for a rebuild. Looking it up on toyodiy shows that it was either a 1990-1997 HZJ80 or a 1990-1999 HZJ75. Since there was a paint marker note on the intake manifold saying "80" NO .1, I'm pretty confident in saying it came from an 80.

At the risk of hijacking this thread... does anyone happen to know if the HAC pictured below is compatible with these pumps?
IMG_20201127_132316.jpg
IMG_20201127_132448.jpg
IMG_20201125_104317.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom