Intake/exhaust gasket time (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Well, I've pretty much come to the conclusion that I have a pretty bad exhaust leak and that may not be helping trying to pass smog so I have till the end of the month to get it done.

I've go all the parts (gaskets) and already have my spare manifold machined and ready to go in, all I need is the help in getting it off and on;it's heavy! I did it once before and it was a bear.

Any help would be appreciated.

What days work for you? This sat? Cr@p! It'd have to be because the following is Xmas! Doh!

Haha that's funny

Only day off this week is tomorrow. Which I can do on short notice. Other than that I will be hard for me to get out there since we are picking up at work due to the holidays around the corner. The only other thing I can offer is working out of my garage after 6pm on Friday and Saturday. I have lots of good light, tools and beer!

Hmm, maybe I can get started this weekend and we can find a day next week to put it back together?:hmm:

My exhaust is leaking too and it looks like it's coming from the main intake at the engine block. I need to do this too but I haven't gotten the special gasket yet...

My exhaust is leaking too and it looks like it's coming from the main intake at the engine block. I need to do this too but I haven't gotten the special gasket yet...

Well, we'll tackle yours too. Let's do mine first and that way you can see what you're up against.

I bet yours is easier to do. Probably not as much stuff in the way.

I also plan on changing out the P/S pump with one that Peter(Dynosoar) gave me when I do this job.

I'll probably start taking all the stuff off by myself(no big deal) this weekend.

I'll keep you guys posted.:wrench:

is this happening this weekend? lemme know... I'm in.

Well Dave, I wanted to do it this Saturday but I think most everyone is busy. You're more than welcome to help me out. Lunch on me....plus snacks and what not. Let me know. I think we could finish it in a day no problem.

It is going to rain too! I am camping this weekend but I have three weeks off starting Friday...wooohoooo.

Dynosoar:zilla:

Oh crap! you're right Peter. :bang:

Hmm, well like I said, I have until the end of the month.

I'll keep an eye on the forecast.

Three weeks? Nice! Enjoy your camping...

It is going to rain too! I am camping this weekend but I have three weeks off starting Friday...wooohoooo.

Dynosoar:zilla:

hey Peter... you gonna call me back?

Hi Dave,

Yea I am. I will call you Monday. I am swamped at work but starting Friday I have three weeks off. I am camping in the Los Padres the whole weekend. So like I said I am going to call you on Monday. Thanks for doing that for me.

Peter

I am busy this sat.

Hi Jose, sorry I need to swap out my suspension on my other ride tomorrow to put it out for sale... hope you get rid of those leaks!

Np. Looks like this will have to happen after the holidays.

Lots of rain, everyone is busy...

How does Jan 8(sat) sound?

Dave...bring your inclinometer. hehe

Let me know if you decide to work on your rig on the 8th..
I'll problublublublu be around...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom