Installing VAIS components... stumped (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.stokesignals.agency
Talked (email) with the VAIS tech/sales guy and got the iPod and XM components and I'm in the middle of the installation... and stumped...

Each set of directions - iPod kit and XM kit - says to pull wiring harness "B" from the back of the factory head unit and plug the new harness. Each new harness goes to its own little box... Wondering how I get two harnesses into one hole. It really looks like I've got to choose one or the other... can't be right... right?

What am I missing?

Thanks.

Okay, unstumped. The directions are clearly for a professional installer READ: NO Detail at all. So, when installing the two kits, you first install one (XM) using one splice harness - program it, then uninstall that one, install the second kit (iPod), using one spice kit - program it. Then using the both splice kits, daisy-chain the two splice kits installing both kits. Sure... that's what I would've done.

Side note: the Land Cruiser is by far the most well built car/truck I've EVER worked on. Wow... If I had to use one word to describe everything I just took apart and reassembled - it'd be Tight and Solid. Yeah, one word just doesn't cut it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom