Injection pump install tips/tricks and fuel feed pump question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Struggling to get the injection pump (inline pump for a 13B-T) reinstalled after a rebuild and wondering if anyone has any bright ideas. I feel like I've got the toothless portion of the splines aligned but I can't seem to get it seated into the timer hub.

Thanks

If you buy a cheap WIFI based endoscope camera from Amazon (one I used: https://www.amazon.com/Depstech-Endoscope-Inspection-Megapixels-Smartphone/dp/B01MYTHWK4 ), it will help you align the shaft key while installing it. You can view video on your smart phone placed in front of you while you guide the pump in and tighten the bolts. I had a lot of trouble installing my 1PZ injection pump because of the shaft key and this endoscope was super helpful along with the help of a local cruiserhead.

Kudos to @FJ73Texas! The endoscope camera recommendation did the trick. Was able to get the toothless portion of the gear lined up and pump reinstalled. Here's my next question...the shop that rebuilt the pump installed the fuel feed pump with a flat paper-type gasket. The FSM calls for a rubber o-ring. I'll be calling the shop tomorrow to inquire about this but what are the Mud opinions about o-ring versus flat gasket in this application?

Thanks

fuel feed pump diagram.png
IMG-1644.JPG

Looks like it should be both to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom