Inclinometer (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
chrisbromptonphotography.com
Hey Just looking for an opinion....
I found a working Inclinometer in australia. he wants 70 AUS shipped to BC.
Its working but missing the nobs...here's a pic ... you guys think its worth it?
2470136202_97ef117766.jpg

If you can get the knobs, it could be a good find. I got a chance to try out the Toyota Parts EPC I got from someone else here. The knobs are shown as position 83891 and this is Toyota Part number 83891-16010. When I look up this part on 1sttoyotaparts.com, it shows as being available and they cost about $2 each. You should check with your local Toyota parts source to see if they can get the knobs for you.

The lower knob adjusts the level state for each display. The upper knob locks the side to side display from moving. I'm not sure why that display needs to ever be locked. Maybe it makes people sea sick.
inclinometer parts.jpg

Out of curiosity, how does one of those wire up? I assume it's just for the light, do you have to splice into a constant power wire or something?

Cheers,
Crash

EDIT: oooh, i didn't see the clock, all the ones I've seen have only had the altimeter. I guess that doesn't really change my question...

Out of curiosity, how does one of those wire up? I assume it's just for the light, do you have to splice into a constant power wire or something?

Cheers,
Crash

EDIT: oooh, i didn't see the clock, all the ones I've seen have only had the altimeter. I guess that doesn't really change my question...

Here's a thread with some discussion about how to wire it. Post 2 of that thread has a link to another thread/post from me with my original write up.

https://forum.ih8mud.com/60-series-wagons/130865-inclinometer-wiring-60-a.html

I have this one in my HJ 60, quite cool, but the position in the dash makes it hard to see from the drivers seat (same side as US, guess it would be easier on right-hand trucks).

As for wiering, I just had tu plug it in to the socket for the original digital clock. Lit up right away, and the clock remembers what time it is...

I have this one in my HJ 60, quite cool, but the position in the dash makes it hard to see from the drivers seat (same side as US, guess it would be easier on right-hand trucks).

As for wiering, I just had tu plug it in to the socket for the original digital clock. Lit up right away, and the clock remembers what time it is...

I also had a correct plug behind the dash.

Thanks

If you can get the knobs, it could be a good find. I got a chance to try out the Toyota Parts EPC I got from someone else here. The knobs are shown as position 83891 and this is Toyota Part number 83891-16010. When I look up this part on 1sttoyotaparts.com, it shows as being available and they cost about $2 each. You should check with your local Toyota parts source to see if they can get the knobs for you.

Thanks for the helpful info.. Have you purchased anything from 1sttoyotaparts.com before? are they reliable? for 2 bucks a knob ill buy em...

Thanks for the helpful info.. Have you purchased anything from 1sttoyotaparts.com before? are they reliable? for 2 bucks a knob ill buy em...

I have not purchased from 1sttoyotaparts. You could go to your local dealer and see if they can get the part number. Sometimes 1sttoyotaparts shows parts being available that are no longer available.

Here's an old post from someone who has ordered from them: IH8MUD.com Forum - View Single Post - new to forum

It is very possible it is not from an Australia truck even though the part is located in Australia - make sure you check, also all the screws on the one he is selling look really corroded for some reason. Ensure that is works 100%.

just my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom