Wanted In search of 2 early style FJ45LV window cranks. Trade for later style? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Mtntopper

SILVER Star
Threads
In search of 2 early style window cranks, broken knob is ok. I have 2 very good condition later style window cranks plus some cash to trade for some earlies. Also in search of two early style spring loaded escutcheon rings for those handles.

These are the early style pieces that I'm after.
20230108_124613.jpg
20230108_124658.jpg

These are the later style cranks available for trading. Thanks.
20230108_124511.jpg
20230108_124520.jpg

I am trying to repro the early version for the 28. It’ll be a while but if you don’t end up finding any ping me in a few months to see if I’ve had any luck. The last few things I tried to repro have run into dead ends though so I’m trying not to get my hopes up! Nobody seems to wanna do small runs anymore

@scoobiedubes , have you looked at metal 3D printing as an option? There are some processes now that I believe would have enough strength for the window crank application. I can point you towards some possibilities if you'd like.

@scoobiedubes , have you looked at metal 3D printing as an option? There are some processes now that I believe would have enough strength for the window crank application. I can point you towards some possibilities if you'd like.
I know someone that can cast the handle part (or at least I used to, having trouble getting ahold of him now), and the knob could be 3D printed I'm sure. I believe they're attached with a rivet of some kind. Its something I need to eventually figure out for sure, but will likely be a while before I have time to explore all that. Just throwing it out there in case you run into a dead end finding any!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom