Importing to Colorado (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Not to sound like, "that person" but there is no, "importing to Colorado" there is only, "Importing to the USA" and then after it is imported, titling in Colorado. So what is the build date of your truck, and what actual department are you dealing with (are you importing or titling)?

Based on what you've said, I'm guessing you brought it to Colorado under I.T., and are now trying to clear Customs here. Is that correct?

Statement of conformity usually applies to vehicles under 25 years old, if I am not mistaken. If it is older than February 1994 right at this moment, you shouldnt need it, but you will need all the other documents required for import. Also, Ive never had to supply the Department of Revenue anything before, just EPA, CBP, DOT...

By "Statement of Conformity", I'm assuming you mean Dept of Transportation/NHTSA form HS-7, on which you declare that the vehicle conforms to all relevant "Federal Motor Vehicle Safety, Bumper, and Theft Prevention Standards". This form IS required, even for vehicles over 25 years old. By checking box 1 on the form, you declare that the vehicle is 25 or more years old. This declaration is what makes the vehicle conforming. That is, an over 25-year old vehicle cannot be non-conforming--by being over 25, it is, by definition, conforming (because the rules don't apply to it). Kind of convoluted government logic, but there it is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom