IMPORTANT CLUB ANNOUNCEMENT (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
With the COVID-19 pandemic ever changing, I have decided to cancel the meet on Wednesday March 18th.

The March Club Run on the 28th will continue as planned but may get cancelled as more information is brought to attention.

Next club meet will be set for mid April but may be cancelled.

Thank you for understanding.

Colin T. Stuart

Well, I figure not much more social distance than a bunch of rednecks each driving
and staying in his own truck. So long as no one shares their beer a day run
should be possible.

I’m still watching myself since I came back from US last week, but
I definitely beat the rush and was in a fairly low risk area.

I like Colin’s choice... but not that it needed to be made

Last edited:
I have decided that the march club run will be cancelled due to the ongoing health crisis.

The next club run and meet will be scheduled for mid June. If any of you are interested of doing a club meet via video chat, please let me know.

Colin T. Stuart

What?! It won’t be all cured by Easter?!

I set the date so far in the future just in case it takes longer then Easter. With that being said, I'll change the date sooner, if that's the case.
Sorry, you must have missed the news. Believe me, it’s not me that said it

I have decided that the march club run will be cancelled due to the ongoing health crisis.

The next club run and meet will be scheduled for mid June. If any of you are interested of doing a club meet via video chat, please let me know.

Colin T. Stuart

To be honest I didn't think mid-June would work. But BC seems to have done a good job of keeping distance.
My point of reference is being forced to work, through Sea-Tac airport ( my god, it defied description!) southern CA Palm Springs,
central CA Fresno back to Calgary ( I got the impression it wasn't a medical problem there, just an inconvenience ) and
now I'm in Thunder Bay. With one case only registered here, they aren't taking any chances and it's very evident the
caution Ontario is in. Comments on how well BC is fairing are interesting to hear. BTW, I get BC Global on the TV
here, so I can keep up to home.

To be honest I didn't think mid-June would work. But BC seems to have done a good job of keeping distance.
My point of reference is being forced to work, through Sea-Tac airport ( my god, it defied description!) southern CA Palm Springs,
central CA Fresno back to Calgary ( I got the impression it wasn't a medical problem there, just an inconvenience ) and
now I'm in Thunder Bay. With one case only registered here, they aren't taking any chances and it's very evident the
caution Ontario is in. Comments on how well BC is fairing are interesting to hear. BTW, I get BC Global on the TV
here, so I can keep up to home.
Are you 14 day quarantining when you arrive back in canada ? That must be a pain n the butt. I can't imagine staying in a hotel room in thunder bay for two weeks.

Are you 14 day quarantining when you arrive back in canada ? That must be a pain n the butt. I can't imagine staying in a hotel room in thunder bay for two weeks.
As federal guidelines for pilots not required. I should have isolated in Calgary had it been required as I flew our company plane in.
I want to be honest, I was not happy with being given 'free pass' on quarantine. In Palm Springs the hotel was as isolated and
under 'essential service' protocols that were as effective as any I've seen anywhere. No leisure travelers allowed. Masks at all times
on the property. We shopped for food once and stayed in our rooms. Lucky to be able to walk on the dike beside one of the largest
golf courses in Palm Springs. If you golf, this in no small feat. Of course, the golfers weren't so careful - being white privileged.
Actually Calgary was a surprise at how lax it was. Many restaurants are fully open, seating where ever. I did not partake.
I have been distancing, sanitizing and wearing masks any time outside.
Thunder Bay has interesting old Europe section, bit rundown but I enjoy it. Lots of open areas so walking is easy and can keep away
from others. I may very well work through rather than come home, cause when I come home I will isolate. Cause BC earned it.

You aren't quarantining because you fly airplanes?
:bang: You did read what I wrote? The only other person on my plane is as hyper cautious as I am. My $2M computer sensor is covid free, I guarantee it.
Don't blame me, or be afraid of me. I think I made a comment somewhere else here about 'facts'.

Covid crazy, I seen it before

8F755293-8D97-4297-97A3-4323D9DA9D40.jpeg

Certain jobs have to keep on working and quarantining every time wouldn’t work. I been threw every hell infected hole in Victoria no quarantine, some things need to keep rolling no matter the risk.

Also yeah great we stopped the covid here in bc! nice but people might be overlooking the reality that this virus might become endemic basically meaning live with us like Measles. A vaccination likely is a long ways off.. they worked on one for seven years for SARS without good results. So unless we want to keep isolating here in bc for the next couple years before we give up it’s probably for the best some young healthy people get it and get over it. By having people exposed and resistant to the virus that will increase our distancing effectiveness

Last edited:
Yeah I can't win either. Rest of the staff worked 2 hours a day every other week, paid leave for the rest.

Me and the other 4 shift engineers who are considered essential?

Here's a box of gloves. Sorry, nurses took the masks.

Back to normal now which is bad enough. Too many people around, gives me the creeps.

You end up with a bubble of people, your bubble overlaps with someone who isn't careful, it goes from 6 people to 50 people in a hurry.

Mine's ****in huge, and not by choice. Is what it is I guess.

Hopefully they at least figure out effective treatments sooner than later so it's not so brutal if you get a bad case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom