I'm really prepared for Fall Gathering 2022 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

landtank

Supporting Vendor
SILVER Star
Threads
Website
landtankproducts.com
That's right, I've got my $hit together for this Fall Gathering. Truck has gotten needed TLC, hell I even put new hood struts on. It's already packed with all my gear and with a turn of the key I'm out the door and headed to Nirvana.

Now last year was pretty much the same scenario, ready to go and rock the trails. Then returning to camp on Friday after a day of "OWNING" the trails I lost my front left tire. For a fleeting moment I saw it pass me on the left as it bounded down a field heading for a vast tree line all the while my front left brake rotor furrowed the road berm for 20 feet.

Sure I had to find the tire, haul it's 70lb carcass back up the hill to the truck, fight with a stock failed bottle jack that resulted in me airing down the tire to the point I could kick it on the studs and then share what stud nuts I had from the other tires to find my way to an air pump and eventually back to camp.

So I'm really prepared for this year !

Will it be any different? Probably not. So if you see me, call out to me and raise your bottle, your can, your glass and we can toast to next year!

Kudos to the local cop who sat behind me on the side of the road for an hour with his lights on while I fought tirelessly with that GD bottle jack. At that point getting run over would have been a downer.

Last edited:
So this year I lost 2 flares, dented my hatch from backing into a tree and developed a drive line slip issue when taking off from a dead top . Headed home early in case the truck all out failed and needed to be rescued. As I turned down my street after driving 1-1/2 hours I realized what was going on.

64 and senility seems to be creeping in.

Good hanging with you Friday night! Glad you made it home w/o another roadside production.

Not buying the senility out buddy, nope. Luck favors the prepared.

And if you are loosing faith in your current 80, LMK if you want to buy back your old reliable '96, its one more trip to grocery store from 300K. Considering what it went thru before my ownership and what I have put it thru, its gets my award as best truck I've ever owned. Big project for winter is to repair the bad NSS connection that only fails in hot weather....

And what was it
With my F&R auto lockers I had to Part time my T-Case to make it street drive able. But out in Moab I was still seeing some drive line bind so I swapped in a stock t-case for the PT one I had in there. This then requires that the center diff be locked when the front hubs are unlocked.

When heading out of carnage I unlocked the center diff as it greatly improves maneuverability.

At the trail head I unlocked the front hubs and aired up. Then drove out to the road. Pulling onto the road the truck was gutless until I really gave it some gas. On the way back to camp it seemed to come and go.

Saturday's trip home it was more of the same and I stopped at a gas station to check fluids and all is well and no warning lights on the dash.

It wasn't until I got almost home that the fact that there was no warning lights was the problem. The CDL warning light should have been on because the center diff should have been locked! The whole time I was driving utilizing the viscous coupler for forward motion.

I had the presence of mind 8 months ago when I swapped out the T-cases and ordered a NC relay so to change the warning light to be ON when the center diff is unlocked and avoid this very problem. It just never got installed.

With my F&R auto lockers I had to Part time my T-Case to make it street drive able. But out in Moab I was still seeing some drive line bind so I swapped in a stock t-case for the PT one I had in there. This then requires that the center diff be locked when the front hubs are unlocked.

When heading out of carnage I unlocked the center diff as it greatly improves maneuverability.

At the trail head I unlocked the front hubs and aired up. Then drove out to the road. Pulling onto the road the truck was gutless until I really gave it some gas. On the way back to camp it seemed to come and go.

Saturday's trip home it was more of the same and I stopped at a gas station to check fluids and all is well and no warning lights on the dash.

It wasn't until I got almost home that the fact that there was no warning lights was the problem. The CDL warning light should have been on because the center diff should have been locked! The whole time I was driving utilizing the viscous coupler for forward motion.

I had the presence of mind 8 months ago when I swapped out the T-cases and ordered a NC relay so to change the warning light to be ON when the center diff is unlocked and avoid this very problem. It just never got installed.
Now I fully understand your last text to me....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom