Ideas for Adding auxillary 12V DC & 115V AC outlets (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have spent a lot of time on the road lately so I am in need for additional 12V DC outlets (Cellphone, GPS etc.) and 115V DC for my Laptop.

Goal: Constant power 12V DC & Pure Sine DC to AC converter about 1500 watts.

So far I have the following pieces of the puzzle

2 - 12v outlets with cover from a 2006 Sequoia
Part # 85530-34010
Part # 85535-0C020-E1

2 - 115v outlets and 1 switch from the Matrix
Part# 85530-41030
Part# 84480-41020

1 - 115v outlet from a Tacoma bed (water tight & grounded - 3 prong)
Part# 85530-04010

Thanks to Cruiser Dan & Beno for the Mud discount:cheers:

2 JDM Auxillary Power Outlets

Thanks to 70sGuy :cheers:

Parts to buy:

2 more ground 115v outlets: # 0709 or 0709-1
Schurter Group - Connectors (Inlets/Outlets) - Fuses, Connectors, Circuit Breakers, Switches & Keypads

So here's the plan

Install the 2 12V DC outlets in front of the 4WD Shifter along 2 120V oulets from Schurter

Install the Matrix 115V AC outlets in place of the coin holders.

115v Switch goes in a slot on the left of the dash(all others used).

The Taco plug goes in the Rear cargo area.

The Pure Sine Inverter will be located inside the passenger side quarter panel using the following bracket for a amp made by WholeHogTech.
Toyota FJ-80 Sub Woofer Mount with MONO Amp Plate

I will post pictures shortly...

Feedback welcomed :cool:

Here are the first pictures
CIMG0157.jpg
CIMG0158.jpg
CIMG0161.jpg

Aux JDM Power Outlet & 115V Switch
CIMG0163.jpg
CIMG0164.jpg
CIMG0165.jpg

taco watertight plug
CIMG0166.jpg
CIMG0167.jpg
CIMG0168.jpg

Thanks Southff4, looking for the right Inverter now

Great idea, i remember looking in the bed of one of the new Tacos and wanting that in the back of my truck, If you think of the simplest way to incorporate just that and included it in your write up that would be fantastic.
Thanks

Anyone out there with an inverter installed in their rear quater panel, please post pictures. I would greatly appreciate the help.

TCH2FLY, Thanks for the picture. Did you have a speaker back there? Have you used a laptop with that inverter? What size power cable did you run?

I installed mine below the AC controls

DSCF6017.jpg

DSCF6014.jpg

gotmud, thanks, where did you mount the actual inverter? as you can see I have the same pieces I plan to use. I have other things in the area that you have yours. Any pics would be nice.

My wife took the camera to work with her today but I installed my inverter in the 6CD changer location of my LX450. I found one that fit in there almost perfectly. 3 outlets and 2K inverter continuous. I never run it that long though with any serious power draw and no overheating issues yet. It was easy to run the cables to that location and the plugs can be easily reached from the front or the rear of the vehcile and can still be accessed when in sleeping mode.

TCH2FLY, Thanks for the picture. Did you have a speaker back there? Have you used a laptop with that inverter? What size power cable did you run?

There was a factory sub, but it is loooong gone (I have 2 in my Rear storage unit )

Never run a laptop, so far only a grinder and my crockpot, yum :D

That is 2 AWG, not really big enough to max that inverter. I plan to move the 1200w to my pop-up trailer and get a 700w instead.

The inverter for the dash outlets is behind the glovebox where the factory amp used to be. Once I get off my a$$, I plan to mount the 2K where the factory sub went.

TCH2FLY, thanks for the info. I am leaning to ditch the speaker in favor of a larger inverter. i need to take some measurement. Great storage system you got there...

GotMud, thanks. What size is the inverter behind the glove box. I have to get back there to see how much room is back there. Very clean install, thats wjat I am aiming for.

Hmmmm the posibilities.......

Last edited:
IIRC its a 350 watt. I'm 1500 miles from it at the moment or I would look.

Never run a laptop, so far only a grinder and my crockpot, yum :D

You may want to be cautious about the crockpot. Many inverters specifically warn against a resistive load being applied, i.e. something with a heating element. Not quite sure whether a crockpot is in that category, but a toaster is.:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom