Icon Vector 5 (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

What size tires are you running on these? any rub? etc. I'm looking to go with the same but want to ensure no rubbing. Thank you!
LT285/70R-17 BFGOODRICH ALL-TERRAIN T/A KO2 C

Initially had slight rubbing of front plastic mud flaps at full lock. Attempted molding the interference areas back half an inch with a heat gun but they always returned to original position eventually. Did not want to remove the mud flaps. Ultimate fix was drilling a small hole in the mud flap interference area and pulling it back half an inch with a large black zip tie - virtually invisible. Never touched it since, going on 2.5 years now.

Has anyone gone from the 18" forged TRD wheel (Heritage) to 17" Vector 5? Is the ride any better? I have a MGM (dark grey) Heritage and I can't help but LOVE the offset of the Vector 5 and more sidewall. I am digging the titanium wheel on the grey LC. I am crazy to remove the Heritage wheels for the Vector 5's? I would have to run some Spidertrax spacers with the HE wheels to get the same 'look' as the Vector 5's.

I am open to your thoughts and criticisms. Thanks.

Wheel choice is very personal. I'd say do what looks/feels right to you. I have 18" TRD tundra wheels but looking at pictures, something about that extra 1/2" of sidewall just looks right, so I'll be making the switch to 17's. Especially coming from my 80 which had 35's on a 16" wheel. (bronze icon order mentioned earlier in this thread was cancelled in favor of holding out for my preferred color).

Titanium on MGM with 285/75/17 stock suspension.

IMG_1435.jpeg

Last edited:
That looks really good as is. Before your lift comes, how much rubbing/cutting did you have to do?
Tons of rub before some massaging and molding.

You need to Remove front flaps, hammer back bracket behind front flap, heat the front liners and push them back. The front right is kissing the KDSS bar but nothing serious.

I would say unless you’re willing to do some molding, light cutting, and reshaping of the bracket then stick with 285/70/17 or similar. I think it’s common knowledge now that a lift doesn’t buy you any more tire clearance for the body, so testing it before a lift is the best way.

Tons of rub before some massaging and molding.

You need to Remove front flaps, hammer back bracket behind front flap, heat the front liners and push them back. The front right is kissing the KDSS bar but nothing serious.

I would say unless you’re willing to do some molding, light cutting, and reshaping of the bracket then stick with 285/70/17 or similar. I think it’s common knowledge now that a lift doesn’t buy you any more tire clearance for the body, so testing it before a lift is the best way.
Got it! Thank you for the info. Have a good day.

Installed the titaniums wrapped in Defender ltx ms2 LT285/70/17 Es.

Color-matched wrap on side chrome trim @ same time.

Love it in person. Contrary to my expectations before going from P to LT for the first time, these Es ride amazing. Fits perfectly to edge of wheel well with a nice view of the tread pattern with that 25mm offset.

902504D6-933F-48C7-B52B-24B6DFA611AB.jpeg

E5F603E2-F441-4833-A7AC-03E1CBF04C3D.jpeg

Last edited:
Are those really 285/70/17? Maybe its the angle but they looks like 285/75. Do you have any more shots of 200? I am on the fence between these two size....
1699147403249.jpeg

Here is one with her out having fun. 285/70/17. Think they are just over 32 inch total not quite a full 33.

Thank you! Curious why you opted for 285/70 vs 285/75?
Bought them before I had the lift and front and rear bumpers. So was really not wanting to rub. Now that I have lift and bumpers I will replace with a true 33 or even 34. Although I am nearing garage height so there will be some calculations to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom